Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-26-2010, 01:23 AM   #1
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Fake balls for the neutered pooch

Fake balls for the neutered pooch.
-----------
"Neuticles allows your pet to retain his natural look, self esteem and aids in the trauma associated with neutering. "

http://www.neuticles.com/

----------------
I checked the site out. You can get a reasonable set of dog balls for cheap based off of the size of the pooch.

http://www.neuticles.com/sizing.php

What if the dog doesn't need the new balls, but they just want them for the upgrade? I mean if this is all about self esteem then why not?

I think we should all pitch in and get VR something special for his birthday this year.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:25 AM   #2
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
those have been a money waster for ages
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2010, 01:26 AM   #3
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

you've purchased em before?

edit: just curious...don't hit me.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:41 AM   #4
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
But, surely, they're missing the most important point - from the dog's point of view??

How do they TASTE???
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:45 AM   #5
happy_terd
Banned

flavored may be a market not yet cornered. Nomesque, you are brilliant.
Advert
Old 05-26-2010, 03:26 AM   #6
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
The dogs don't care... it's their male owners who just can't imagine snipping them off...

I, myself, have absolutely no problem..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 07:01 AM   #7
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
you've purchased em before?

edit: just curious...don't hit me.
hot topic at the puppy park

Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
The dogs don't care... it's their male owners who just can't imagine snipping them off...

I, myself, have absolutely no problem..
exactly
Old 05-26-2010, 07:22 AM   #8
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Would equipping a dog with these not constitute cruel and inhuman treatment?

Arrghhh...that's the thing isn't it, it's a dog, so it's OK to debollock them, sterilize them, or do anything else that makes it more convenient for us to have them around.
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:49 AM   #9
happy_terd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post

Arrghhh...that's the thing isn't it, it's a dog, so it's OK to debollock them, sterilize them, or do anything else that makes it more convenient for us to have them around.
I haven't really thought about it that way before to be honest with you. I sort of get what you are saying though even if I don't 100% agree with you.

What is your opinion about the breeds that normally get their tails clipped?
Old 05-26-2010, 09:44 AM   #10
MJK2111
FUBAR!
MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MJK2111 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 S
A cheaper alternative...?

MJK2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 09:47 AM   #11
happy_terd
Banned

Those aren't fitting on fluffy if that is what you are getting at.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:21 AM   #12
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post

let's be clear here. these are for the male owners, not for the dogs at all. I always ask people at the puppy park why their male dogs are not nuetered, and get some surprising answers. yesterday a guy told me he wished his dog could have a vasectomy. they simply do not understand how much happier the dogs as well as themselves would be once nuetered.

Quote:
I haven't really thought about it that way before to be honest with you. I sort of get what you are saying though even if I don't 100% agree with you.

What is your opinion about the breeds that normally get their tails clipped?
(as well as ears) some places are starting to make this illegal. draft horses traditionally have their tales cropped, and more and more states are stopping this procedure. as for the dogs, pressure needs to be put on the breed regestries as well as the various Kennel Clubs to not only drop that as a standard, but make it officially against the rules
Old 05-26-2010, 03:16 PM   #13
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
snipped...

(as well as ears) some places are starting to make this illegal. draft horses traditionally have their tales cropped, and more and more states are stopping this procedure. as for the dogs, pressure needs to be put on the breed regestries as well as the various Kennel Clubs to not only drop that as a standard, but make it officially against the rules
Our neighbors across the street got a Doberman puppy. Cutest thing with the best disposition you ever saw until they had her ears and tail clipped. One ear got infected, and the poor thing wore a white bandage on it for months on end.
I can't say it improved her disposition either. She used to be the friendliest dog in the neighborhood, now she growls at every movement, and I will no longer venture into their yard without calling across the street and having them restrain her before I start over.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:19 PM   #14
happy_terd
Banned

I can understand the reasoning behind neutering a dog, but I could never quite understand the reason for trimming off the ears and tail.
Old 05-26-2010, 07:03 PM   #15
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
I can understand the reasoning behind neutering a dog, but I could never quite understand the reason for trimming off the ears and tail.
there are two reasons. one is for fighting dogs *shudder* so they cannot be grabbed by the ears. the other slightly more legitimate one is to illustrate the lines and musculature of the neck. the cropping of tails for some dogs and horses was to keep it out of the way of harnesses. other tail reasons, like I said, for fighting...

Tags
a happy_terd production