Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-13-2009, 07:31 AM   #1
capelord
capelord began at the beginning.

Device: none
series data in the title

Hi just would like to know if there is a way to put the series info in the title.It would help when trying to find a book that is apart of the series,once its been moved the kindle.
capelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 09:53 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by capelord View Post
Hi just would like to know if there is a way to put the series info in the title.It would help when trying to find a book that is apart of the series,once its been moved the kindle.
Save to DISK options in preferences allow customized folser path and naming.
The allowed fields are shown.
I use: {series}/{series_index}_{title}_{id}/{title}-author}
Example
Bardic_Voices/01_The_Lark_and_the_Wren_89/The_Lark_and_the_Wren-Mercedes_Lackey

I put the {Id} on the folder level because it applied to the contents of the next level and I was anal enough to not ignore it totally and because the title-author was already bigger than the screen would show
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2009, 11:23 AM   #3
Frodolass
Frodolass began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
capelord - you mean change the title so it shows on the Kindle? I've not been able to use Calibre to edit the title on books that have DRM...books I've bought from Amazon. I can change it in my Calibre library, but when I transfer it to my Kindle, it's not changed.

What I do is create a text file with all my series listed and put it on the Kindle. Then I can refer to that file when I want to know what comes next in a particular series.

I'd love to know if there was a way to change the metadata so I can correct mistakes in title/author on the books I've purchased for my Kindle.
Frodolass is offline   Reply With Quote