Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Iain M. Banks - Use of Weapons - STILL less than $1 at Fictionwise

I just noticed that Use of Weapons is still set to the $1 promotional price from February at Fictionwise. AND we have a 30% rebate for Sci-Fi going. AND we have a 20% off Mother's Day coupon (MOMSDAY) to use.

https://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/eBook78406.htm

Unfortunately, it isn't available in MobiPocket any more, so eReader ONLY.

For FW members, that makes it:

$0.68 - ($0.20 Rebate) - ($0.03 eReader Rebate) = $0.45

If you haven't gotten it, get it while the getting is good!

[Edit: Oops, got title wrong, could a mod please fix the spelling on "Iain M. Banks"? Thanks]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-09-2009 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Fixed - Dr. Drib
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Reminder: The Mother's Day 20% coupon is for Romance books, a great opportunity for Romance readers.

Note: Their ad for the 20% off takes one to the page with 15 FREE Romance books.

(Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Fictionwise or with Barnes and Noble.)

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #3
Peadar Ó Guilín
Author of The Inferior
Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peadar Ó Guilín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 (soon...)
IMHO "Use of Weapons" is by far the best of his Science Fiction novels. At that price it's a steal!
Peadar Ó Guilín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
Snowman
Zealot
Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.Snowman can teach chickens to fly.

Device: iPhone 5, Kindle K3, Kindle Voyage
It is unfortunately only available to the approximately 5% of the world's population who happen to be located in a 'geographically correct' location.

Snowman
Snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:52 AM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Reminder: The Mother's Day 20% coupon is for Romance books, a great opportunity for Romance readers.
That may be the intention, but I got 20% off my entire order (and I don't think I had one romance book in the bunch).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2009, 06:53 AM   #6
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
It is unfortunately only available to the approximately 5% of the world's population who happen to be located in a 'geographically correct' location.

Snowman
That aint necessarily so. You might like to check whether Fictionwise cares whether the information in the country of origin field of your profile is correct.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:33 AM   #7
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
That may be the intention, but I got 20% off my entire order (and I don't think I had one romance book in the bunch).

If that's the case, then that's great news for me personally because I could care less about reading Romances. Thanks for that information; I'll go over and buy something.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #8
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
That aint necessarily so. You might like to check whether Fictionwise cares whether the information in the country of origin field of your profile is correct.

Regards, Alex
I know from experience that they don't
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:00 PM   #9
rahulm
Zealot
rahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: None
I have a Sony PRS 505. Which format do I select out of these:

Secure Mobipocket Reader
Secure Microsoft Reader
Secure eReader (recommended)
Secure Adobe
rahulm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #10
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
According to the Fictionwise Help information: "Sony Reader (PRS-500 and PRS-505 will only read unencrypted MultiFormat eBooks from Fictionwise. Use the .lrf format.) ".
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #11
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulm View Post

Secure Mobipocket Reader
Secure Microsoft Reader
Secure Adobe
The Sony works with secure PDF's, which would be Secure Adobe. The others would need the DRM removed and to be converted.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #12
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulm View Post

Secure Mobipocket Reader
Secure Microsoft Reader
Secure Adobe
Buy microsoft, google for "convert lit", download and install Calibre (http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net) and enjoy your reading.

Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:54 AM   #13
rahulm
Zealot
rahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguerahulm can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: View Post
Buy microsoft, google for "convert lit", download and install Calibre (http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net) and enjoy your reading.

So am I correct in assuming that Converlit.com's app will allow me to remove the DRM?

Cause Calibre doesn't let me convert anything that is DRMed.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #14
rahulm
Zealot

<Nevermind, I am stupid>

Last edited by rahulm; 05-12-2009 at 04:49 PM.