Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-24-2017, 01:11 AM   #1
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
It the movie

I went to see It Saturday night. I was ready to walk out before the movie was halfway through. I was bored. When I read a Stephen King book I can feel the suspense, the horror, the thrill. It consumes me full in mind, body and spirit. I can feel terror. No I am not scared but I can feel what the characters are feeling. Or at least I did when I read It back in 87.

I have seen either the television version or the original It movie. I think these were a lot better than the current version. Not one did anyone scream in the theater. I feel I wasted $8.5 for the movie ticket and $4 for popcorn. Not to mention the time to watch the movie.

Anyone else watch the movie? If so what is your opinion.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 01:17 AM   #2
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Sounds like us when we went to see My Bloody Valentine. Turns out every horror scene had been in commercials.
Not going to see IT in the theater but I understood you.

I like Stephen King books. TV shows and movies not so much.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2017, 08:31 AM   #3
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Hadn't even known that they had made a re-make. I have seen the original with Tim Curry as Pennywise and Richard Thomas, Harry Anderson,Richard Masur & Annette O'Toole as some of the (grown) kids who fight him. Remakes often fail to live up to the original. I think part of the problem is that we already know what is happening, much like re-reading a book. We may enjoy it, but it's not the same as encountering the characters & situations for the first time. And with the movie we are faced with different images/special effects than what we have encountered before unlike in the book when the images in our minds are always our own.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:50 AM   #4
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
It has been years since I have read the book or watched the original. I should have checked the critics rating before going. It was rated very high by critics. I usually do not like movies that critics rate high.

Some of the people who work in different areas of my workplace told me it was worth watching. One guy a dedicated SK fan told me I had to see it.

I am not a person that is scared of much. I can go to haunted houses and laugh at the people attempting to scare me. I did not expect to scream. But I expected to maybe jump a little or flinch. I had nothing.

Maybe the show was bad because King did not write the screen play. I don't know. But this is one of the reasons I do not go and see many shows in theaters.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote