Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 05-04-2015, 08:33 PM   #1
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
File Browser Window opens too small

1. Open Calibre
2. Edit epub
3. The file browser window is way too narrow (1.jpg)
4. Make it wider (2.jpg)
5. Edit and Save book
6. Open book for more editing
7. The file browser window is back to way too narrow (3.jpg)

8. However, if I close the file browser window [X] completely and then reopen it [View], then the width seems to be remembered, at least for a while

I don't know if it's a book-specific setting or a global one, but it can get a little tiresome going through all this when it happens
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	472
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	137922   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	205
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	137923   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	137924  
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:18 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@phossler - you must be doing some very specific sequence of operations that 'corrupts' the tweakgui,json file... inadvertently of course...

See ==>> File Browser Window keeps shrinking

I wonder if there's a 'hidden' kb shortcut that shrinks docsites to minimum width/height. I discovered shift/alt ← → can be used to expand and collapse tree nodes in the files browser and I don't think they're documented. Its easy enough to hit the wrong key sequence - I do it dozens of times a day

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2015, 11:30 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Most likely your tweak_book_gui.json file has gotten corrupted somehow or has the wrong permissions. Try deleting it (back it up first as it contains most of your editor related settings).
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 08:51 AM   #4
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
@kovid -- from my earlier thread (BR's reference) I only deleted the section main_window_state from tweak_book_gui.json

Quote:
There is no setting, windows sizes are always retored. As for where they are stored, look for tweak_book_gui.json in the calibre config dir the setting is called main_window_state
When it happens again, I'll delete the entire file and re-configure the editor

@BR --- I find it HARD to believe that an USER could do something WRONG
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote