Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #61
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Right click on a marked book (title): Clear All Marked Books
Can you also right click to see what process made it marked?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:51 PM   #62
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Can you also right click to see what process made it marked?
No. The assumption behind temp markers is that the user is doing something specific and short term, and that there aren't multiple "markers" involved. The user would clear existing marks before starting on whatever process involving new marks.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2014, 04:20 PM   #63
Benji99
Benji99 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Here are a couple suggestions that I don't think have been mentioned:

1.) The ability to get read status and progress from the Reading app whenever possible. Either by accessing the database directly or by working with the respective developers (whenever possible) to enable to functionality. This would allow for CC to become a much more potent full-time book manager and launcher. With having access to the read progress, one could open the book in multiple programs and be able to continue where they left off. Finally we could then completely bypass the various built-in book managers of the respective reader apps.

2.) Maintain and sync a mobile library across devices as well as Read and Progress status. Perhaps Dropbox or Google Play could be used for the data and possibly the books or the books could then be grabbed automatically from the Content Server if CC detects that a certain book was added on another device.

Anyway I know these suggestions have a very low chance of being implemented, but here's to trying!

Keep up the great work!
Benji99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #64
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
No. The assumption behind temp markers is that the user is doing something specific and short term, and that there aren't multiple "markers" involved. The user would clear existing marks before starting on whatever process involving new marks.
If the CC marker is created when connecting wirelessly I'm thinking it could cause confusion for me anyway. I connect wirelessly everyday to get my news feeds on my tablet and it will normally be days in between when I actually use Calibre on my pc. If I had markers already from something else left undone I wouldn't be able to tell where they came from anymore.

I was thinking of using the find duplicates plugin because I have a bunch of freebies from Amazon in another library and my current library and I probably wouldn't be able to finish all at once. These markers could get mixed up with CCs markers without a way to tell them apart. If I plan on finishing the duplicate process after dinner but don't get around to it the markers would still be there the next morning when I connect again.

If I'm the only one with reservations, don't let that stop you from doing what others want. I would like a way to turn it off though.
Old 05-13-2014, 05:04 PM   #65
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
PL
If you want a more permanent marker, select all (those marked) and make a Tag.

Markers are transient. There are many PI that use them and start out by clearing the slate.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2014, 06:07 PM   #66
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Right click on a marked book (title): Clear All Marked Books
I recently tried the duplicates plugin and have a leftover marker but when I right click it doesn't show any way to clear it. I checked remove as well and it's not there either. I must be doing something stupid.

Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.png
Views:	754
Size:	230.6 KB
ID:	122940
Old 05-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #67
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I recently tried the duplicates plugin and have a leftover marker but when I right click it doesn't show any way to clear it. I checked remove as well and it's not there either. I must be doing something stupid.

Attachment 122940
Now I'm even more confused. After posting this I used a saved query and then clicked on Reset Quick Search to bring back all books. The mark is now gone. Huh???
Old 05-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #68
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Attachment 122940
Context: You have no marked books (shown or hidden)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	MB2.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	122942  

Last edited by theducks; 05-13-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:06 PM   #69
theducks
Well trained by Cats

You need to add it to the Context Menu (it has the push pin Icon)
Old 05-13-2014, 07:39 PM   #70
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You need to add it to the Context Menu (it has the push pin Icon)
So how do I add something to a context menu? I thought that if it was possible to do something, a right mouse click showed what was available.

Also if you look at my screen print you can see the mark next to the book I did the right mouse click on.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:45 PM   #71
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
So how do I add something to a context menu? I thought that if it was possible to do something, a right mouse click showed what was available.

Also if you look at my screen print you can see the mark next to the book I did the right mouse click on.
(I am blind)

Same way you add to any toolbar:
Preferences Look and Feel: (Toolbar tab):context menu Library view: Select from the left: arrow to the Right column, move up
Old 05-13-2014, 08:00 PM   #72
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Purple Lady - you will only get persistent marks from Find Duplicates if you use its exempt duplicate groups feature see attachment, if you don't use that feature then you wont see them. In this context persist means, even if you remove them via Clear all marked books they'll be back again after a restart. I created a VL (zzzzz) for marked books, it's my starting VL, I clear them via a keyboard shortcut and then get on with whatever...

You can add/move/remove items to the context (aka as right click/button) via Preferences->Toolbars->The context menu for ... There are three of them - library, for device and for grid

BR
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot - 2014-05-14 , 09_36_21.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	122944  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:25 PM   #73
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks BetterRed and theducks. I added Mark Books to my context menu and saw that Clear all marked books has the same icon as the Reset Quick Search button so I guess that's how the marks disappeared before. Learn something new all the time here.

Chaley, now that I understand marked books, it sounds good to me to have it in CC! Just be prepared for a lot of questions about it from a lot of people. Especially how the marks will disappear if you do a quick search and then clear it to get back to all books.
Old 05-13-2014, 08:35 PM   #74
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Thanks BetterRed and theducks. I added Mark Books to my context menu and saw that Clear all marked books has the same icon as the Reset Quick Search button so I guess that's how the marks disappeared before. Learn something new all the time here.

Chaley, now that I understand marked books, it sounds good to me to have it in CC! Just be prepared for a lot of questions about it from a lot of people. Especially how the marks will disappear if you do a quick search and then clear it to get back to all books.
calibre uses the same limited icon set for multiple menus/options/settings.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 10:18 PM   #75
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
calibre uses the same limited icon set for multiple menus/options/settings.
Yeah, I figured the icons were limited, but this does the same function even though it's labeled differently.