Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-04-2011, 11:04 AM   #61
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
And I've successfully used them with the latest K4Mac.
K4PC v1.7.1 is the last version that I verified works with the tools under Linux/WINE. The newest one very well could work, I've just not been motivated enough to test it.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:51 PM   #62
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
K4PC v1.7.1 is the last version that I verified works with the tools under Linux/WINE. The newest one very well could work, I've just not been motivated enough to test it.
Have you tested K4PC v1.8.1 with Windows and tools v4.8.

Thanks,
Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #63
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan
Have you tested K4PC v1.8.1 with Windows and tools v4.8.
A little bit.
Enough to know that it works just fine for me.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:51 PM   #64
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
A little bit.
Enough to know that it works just fine for me.
Thanks. Good to know. I'm still on 1.8.0. Don't know what 1.8.1 offers as far as improvements/upgrades.

Carol
Old 11-05-2011, 11:01 AM   #65
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Well, I seem to have borrowed a bit of Prime dust here, so I tried my new 4.8v dustbuster on it, and it zapped the dust and cleaned it right up.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2011, 06:45 PM   #66
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
We're talking about the Black and Decker 4.8v Hand-held vacuum-cleaner:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-Decke...sr=1-2-catcorr

Lol Karma to you.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:12 PM   #67
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
I've successfully used the latest tools with the latest K4PC (Windows), But there's no pressing need to update to the latest K4PC if you're satisfied with the version you have. I DO recommend archiving the install program for the latest "working" version(s) of K4PC. Just in case something breaks in the future.
Very good tip, Diap, thanks - I'll tax me brain on that too....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:23 AM   #68
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmavisO View Post
And the new B&D has some special attachments to get the dust out of the nooks and crannies in calibre, too.
and K, good to know!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #69
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
I DO recommend archiving the install program for the latest "working" version(s) of K4PC. Just in case something breaks in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Very good tip, Diap, thanks - I'll tax me brain on that too....
I too save a copy of K4PC installs just in case.

For those that need an older version, you can get it here:

http://www.filehippo.com/download_kindle_for_pc/

or here:

http://www.filehorse.com/download-ki.../old-versions/

Carol
Old 11-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #70
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
I have heard that a major river is about to be diverted, creating some new dust that no known vacuum cleaner will cope with. I enjoy collecting artefacts from the banks of this river and they need to be thoroughly vacuumed to rid them of dust because my house simply can't handle it - the house gets clogged up and becomes impossible to live in.

If the proposed diversion creates a new dust that no vacuum cleaner can handle, I will be forced to buy a new house - an expensive exercise especially when the selection of houses in this part of the world is so limited. And I love my existing house anyway so don't want to move.

If it gets really bad, I may be forced to live outside. Picture me lying on the hard ground, reading a paperback and sipping a cup of tea sheltering under a tree. Not a pretty sight believe me.

So, anyone else worried about the plans for this river- and when is it supposed to happen?
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #71
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

Major storms can happen at any time without any notice. Some people will try to figure out a way to combat the storm but relying on such a solution to always exist is simply not a good idea because recent storms have brought big changes and fighting the storm is getting harder and harder to do.

The key is to clean-up any dust immediately, and if a storm comes, it comes. You will have lost nothing if you clean things up immediately and back the cleaned versions up. You may have no way to remove dust in the future from your particular choice of house, but you can always move houses if you have kept yours free of dust up to this point.

My 2 cents,

KevinH

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa View Post
I have heard that a major river is about to be diverted, creating some new dust that no known vacuum cleaner will cope with. I enjoy collecting artefacts from the banks of this river and they need to be thoroughly vacuumed to rid them of dust because my house simply can't handle it - the house gets clogged up and becomes impossible to live in.

If the proposed diversion creates a new dust that no vacuum cleaner can handle, I will be forced to buy a new house - an expensive exercise especially when the selection of houses in this part of the world is so limited. And I love my existing house anyway so don't want to move.

If it gets really bad, I may be forced to live outside. Picture me lying on the hard ground, reading a paperback and sipping a cup of tea sheltering under a tree. Not a pretty sight believe me.

So, anyone else worried about the plans for this river- and when is it supposed to happen?
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #72
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwipippa
I have heard that a major river is about to be diverted, creating some new dust that no known vacuum cleaner will cope with.
That could be true, but there's no evidence yet one way or another. Yes, the river will be diverted in a new direction, but the dust it kicks up could turn out to be the same old dust as always. We've actually seen that happen quite recently.

Like KevinH says, don't wait until the last minute. Clean up your dust immediately. And if new, future dust proves overly vacuum resistant... then consider moving to a new home (with older, more vacuumable dust)... but with all of your old belongings safely in tow.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #73
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
This thread is a hoot!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #74
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
That could be true, but there's no evidence yet one way or another. Yes, the river will be diverted in a new direction, but the dust it kicks up could turn out to be the same old dust as always. We've actually seen that happen quite recently.

Like KevinH says, don't wait until the last minute. Clean up your dust immediately. And if new, future dust proves overly vacuum resistant... then consider moving to a new home (with older, more vacuumable dust)... but with all of your old belongings safely in tow.
Sounds rather like I'm told when I've done what I see as a perfectly satisfactory quick clean-up of .... our main house- the one we all live in, if that makes sense.
I'm usually informed I've shoved the house dust around to new places, not removed it .
Now that is down to the vacuum.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:35 PM   #75
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
It really makes a difference what order you clean up your house. This weekend, in setting up a new abode, I did things out of order. At 3:00 am, after not a little bit of panic, I did things in order, and the dustbuster worked perfectly. You have to have everything set up before you turn it on.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drm removal