Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-23-2011, 07:11 AM   #46
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vans View Post
Summer holidays are here, so my annual hunt to find a good book to read on the beach is underway. However, I think it would be a bit high risk to take my eReader, so I will revert to paper.

Am I being too careful?
I do take mine.
It started with Sony Reader PRS-500 in 2007, then PRS-505 2008/9/10. This summer PRS-650 has accompanied me in a pool and on the beach in Rivera Maya for two weeks.
If it is too risky, then taking camera would be risky too. If you cannot have any of the gadgets that you like, that would add to a definition of "having a good time" then it ruins the fan. What is a point to go to the beach then?
But, yes, one got to be picky where to go. Mine usually would be a part of a good resort, so reasonably secure.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:21 AM   #47
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
I take my Kindle to the beach..My Ipad and former Sony are not readable outside...If it gets ruined, I'll get a newer one...
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2011, 07:36 AM   #48
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
I take one of my readers too, either the PB 360 or the Nook Classic, in a ziploc. My K3 could go too, but I'd need to get it out of its cover, which I don't want to do (I have the lighted cover).
I can't do the ziploc thing with any touch reader, tried it, it is a disaster.
I live at the beach (well, not literally, but almost), we are there very often (every weekend at least, from march to december), so I need to protect the reader from the sand.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 09:03 AM   #49
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Punishment View Post
I take my Kindle to the beach..{SNIP} former Sony {SNIP} not readable outside...
Could you explain this please?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #50
Cpl Punishment
Guru
Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cpl Punishment ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad 103rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Could you explain this please?
Back light + Sun Light = Cant read the screen...

*** AHHHH now I see the confusion...I said SONY...I should have said Color Nook..My apologies to SONY and their viewers....
Cpl Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2011, 10:34 PM   #51
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I take my Kindle to the beach all the time, where I lounge in the shade. While there, it's in an M-Edge Leisure Jacket. The cover comes in several colors, has a clear front with two zippers so it can be opened easily to switch the device on/off, and there's a handy zippered pocket in the back.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:38 AM   #52
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Yes, I want one of those m-edge covers.....
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:57 AM   #53
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Punishment View Post
Back light + Sun Light = Cant read the screen...

*** AHHHH now I see the confusion...I said SONY...I should have said Color Nook..My apologies to SONY and their viewers....
I also wondered about that, as I often read with my Sony in the sun (if we have sun...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I take my Kindle to the beach all the time, where I lounge in the shade. While there, it's in an M-Edge Leisure Jacket. The cover comes in several colors, has a clear front with two zippers so it can be opened easily to switch the device on/off, and there's a handy zippered pocket in the back.
I'd like one of those for my BBMini... Not sure if it would work with the Sony though...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 04:34 AM   #54
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
Didn't take mine to the beach but it just lived for a week by the pool in a TrendyDigital case with no problems! Lots of nekkid Kindles to be seen around the pool as well.

Didn't get too hot, wet, streaked nor stolen.
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:00 AM   #55
jedipencil
Enthusiast
jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jedipencil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony
While on vacation a month ago, I brought my Sony with me but was too worried about the sand to actually take it to the beach. As it happened, someone else on the beach had brought their reader, and it was in a large Ziplock of sorts.

So I felt pretty silly.
jedipencil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:09 AM   #56
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I took my readers to the swimming pool at my mother's. And that was in constant use by some people who thought they were 12 or so... (my mother lost about 2cm of water every day!) As long as you make sure you reader doesn't really get wet, it can stand a few drops.

But I'd still love a waterproof bag, because my mother also has this floating chair...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:03 PM   #57
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I'd like one of those for my BBMini... Not sure if it would work with the Sony though...
They do have M-Edge Leisure Jackets for Sony readers. I see that the prices on several of them have been drastically reduced too.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 08-24-2011 at 12:06 PM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote