Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-05-2017, 08:40 AM   #4351
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
A lot of my freebies are from when I first joined MR, and downloaded all sorts of stuff from the Deals forum if I just thought it sounded vaguely like something I might like. And then there are a couple of hundred more from the Baen CDs. (Quite a few from the Baen Free Library, too, but at least I chose those.)

So it's not really Amazon. Although they did used to have a free chart that I checked regularly in the early days of my kindle ownership. It's been lost in their many terrible reorganizations since then, I think. Now they have some sort of self-promoting algorithmic chart which I hardly ever bother to look at. Although I still check the daily deals every day.
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:13 AM   #4352
supermighty
Groupie
supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.supermighty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2
I bought a book to read for work, but it's behind a novel and another non-fiction.
supermighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:18 AM   #4353
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
oops... double post.

Last edited by Tarana; 10-05-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 10:29 AM   #4354
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Most of the emails about specials and freebees comes from non-amazon sources, but yes, you probably have less because of less temptation. FWIW, mobilereads members list discounted stuff from major authors over in the Deals section, so I don't really need to have any of these regular emails about that. Hard to resist though because I now enjoy some authors that I wouldn't have without knowing about the specials (i.e Harry Bosch, or Naomi Novak).
Old 10-17-2017, 04:00 PM   #4355
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I'm currently on track to spend more this month than I'd spent in the entire year through September!

I'm not really worried as this reflects more my abstemiousness until now than unwonted profligacy this month, but the early warning signals are jingling.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 10:08 AM   #4356
Tarana
Wizard

I will admit that I need a 12 step program for ereader\audiobook gadget addiction. Anyway, I continue to try to focus on books that I already own and not be distracted too much by free stuff, stuff from library and SALES. I am so weak about sales.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:58 PM   #4357
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't buy anything in November. Where's the "patting myself on the back" emotie? It's the third month this year I managed to pull that off.

In the interest of full disclosure, I admit that I waited until today to use the $5 coupon at Google Play so I could have bragging rights and that it's fortunate I don't count audiobooks. Just the same, this has been my best year in forever.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:28 PM   #4358
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
I purchased one book in November using Google's $5 off promo. No regrets.

There is something that I'd like to improve. Of the nine books purchased this year I've read only three which makes me think they weren't must haves/reads. However, my current read was bought in 2012! So, maybe there is hope for me yet.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 10:56 PM   #4359
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
I've decided not to care too much as I don't buy a lot these days.

As I've said in the Vent and Rant Thread in the Lounge, I've never read anything by Agatha Christie; not a single story featuring Hercule Poirot, even though I love to read Sherlock Holmes.

Therefore I've bought the Complete Short Stories of Hercule Poirot, and every book featuring him, and I went all around the globe to get the best prices and coupons.

I bought most of my 900+ books between 2011 and 2014, and my purchases since then were limited. I just add to my library what interests me at the moment (which is mostly stuff I've heard of for a long time, but didn't get around to reading), and as I will probably keep this library the rest of my life (in EPUB or a future format I'll convert it to), I don't worry too much when I'll read what.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 03:51 AM   #4360
Jo69
Addict
Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo. Samsung Galaxy Tab. Kindle 4 2011
My name is Joe and I am an ebook addict.
I create a wish list and it increases daily lol
Just found a new author Jeff Shelby On book 6 already
Jo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 06:23 AM   #4361
issybird
o saeclum infacetum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo69 View Post
My name is Joe and I am an ebook addict.
I create a wish list and it increases daily lol
Just found a new author Jeff Shelby On book 6 already
Hi Joe, and welcome.

So long as you stick to wishlists and reading what you buy right away, it sounds as if you're in good shape! It's the accumulation of unread titles that is the issue for many of us. Just stay mindful.
Old 12-03-2017, 09:17 AM   #4362
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've reduced my buying, but a changing in my commuting has meant I'm still falling behind.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:50 AM   #4363
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I've gone through all those freebies I acquired from when I joined the forum and have reduced them to a half dozen (as opposed to the over 1000 I had) plus a few purchased. Alas, somehow, two which I purchased ended up deleted even though I did not actively delete them. Just as well it didnt matter hugely, they werent that good.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 03:43 PM   #4364
Tarana
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I've gone through all those freebies I acquired from when I joined the forum and have reduced them to a half dozen (as opposed to the over 1000 I had) plus a few purchased. Alas, somehow, two which I purchased ended up deleted even though I did not actively delete them. Just as well it didnt matter hugely, they werent that good.
If you bought it from Amazon, go to your digital orders and find the order number. Customer service will reactivate the book you accidentally deleted. I've done the same at least once with both Kobo and B&N as well, but finding the order number is much more time consuming on their sites.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:39 AM   #4365
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarana View Post
If you bought it from Amazon, go to your digital orders and find the order number. Customer service will reactivate the book you accidentally deleted. I've done the same at least once with both Kobo and B&N as well, but finding the order number is much more time consuming on their sites.
Oh good-o, I didnt realise you could do that... Thanks
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote