Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-27-2018, 08:11 PM   #301
riki
riki began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hello, my Calibre server runs on an old Windows XP machine. Because of the Jurassic operating system, I can't update Calibre beyond v2.0. I do update the plugins occasionally, tough.

While updating Kindle Collections, something went wrong with the new version, and the old version got uninstalled automatically, so I'm left without this essential tool. I am not able to find an older version that will work with my system. Can anyone help me please?

Here's the error message I got from Calibre.

Code:
calibre, version 2.0.0
ERROR: Install Plugin Failed: A problem occurred while installing this plugin. This plugin will now be uninstalled. Please post the error message in details below into the forum thread for this plugin and restart Calibre.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\plugin_updater.py", line 712, in _install_clicked
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 379, in add_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\ui.py", line 53, in load_plugin
  File "site-packages\calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 215, in load
InvalidPlugin: The plugin at C:\DOCUME~1\riki\LOCALS~1\Temp\calibre_herlrn\7eyleg.zip needs a version of calibre >= 2.50.1
riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:31 PM   #302
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@riki: I can cobble something up from before the dependency bump, but it'll of course be devoid of any of the fixes implemented since
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2018, 08:25 AM   #303
riki

That would be greatly appreciated, @NiLuJe!
Old 11-28-2018, 01:15 PM   #304
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@riki: See if this version works properly .
Old 11-28-2018, 02:21 PM   #305
riki

Thank you @NiLuJe! I'll try as soon as I get home.

By the way, how do install from the zip? I seem to remember Calibre automatically downloads plugins from their sites.
Advert
Old 11-28-2018, 03:35 PM   #306
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@riki: There's a "Load plugin from file" button on the bottom right corner of the "Plugins" popup (next to the get new plugins/check for updated plugins ones).
Old 11-28-2018, 08:11 PM   #307
riki

Aha! Thanks for your patience. I was using "Get Plugins" in the Preferences pop-down menu. How silly of me.

The plugin works fine. Now I can keep the Calibre server on this machine alive until the hardware crumbles down. Obviously, I won't update plugins anymore.

THANK YOU @NiLuJe!

Last edited by riki; 11-28-2018 at 08:14 PM.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:02 PM   #308
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@riki: Yay \o/. (FWIW: You actually got the latest fixes as far as this plugin is concerned, it turned out to be much less work to just revert the offending changes than simply repackaging an older version ).

@stuartjmz: Model autodetection was indeed broken on Windows, oops -_-". I was convinced I'd actually tested this, but given the lack of Calibre installation and/or config on my Windows box, apparently not .

This'll be fixed in the next release, along with the list/authors issues with KFX files .
Old 11-29-2018, 12:55 PM   #309
riki

The best of both worlds. A double win for me
Old 12-01-2018, 05:09 AM   #310
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

This'll be fixed in the next release, along with the list/authors issues with KFX files .
If I install this "custom" version of the plugin via your zip file, will I still be notified when a new update gets posted via the usual calibre channel?

Thanks
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 05:58 AM   #311
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
If I install this "custom" version of the plugin via your zip file, will I still be notified when a new update gets posted via the usual calibre channel?
Since he is the creator and maintainer of this plugin the answer is simple, yes.
DoctorOhh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 12:55 PM   #312
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Well, maintainer, yes, creator, eh: meme did most of the original work ;p.

But yeah, I didn't touch the version, so it'll pick up updates as usual .

(Note that it only includes the KFX fix, and has extra-broken model detection on Windows with Calibre >= 2.50.1 ).

TL;DR: Unless you have an urgent need to work with KFX files, wait for the actual release .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-01-2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:59 AM   #313
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Since he is the creator and maintainer of this plugin the answer is simple, yes.
I don't see how this should be related to my question. He might very well be the creator (he isn't) and/or the maintainer; I was just "worried" if picking this version off the regular channel might break the chain that comes from the official source.

But I saw Niluje's answer, so, great, I will install it while waiting for the KFX corrections, thank you both!
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:32 PM   #314
NiLuJe
BLAM!

There, released 1.7.23 for real .

Fixes model autodetection on Windows, and the KFX authors-as-list metadata thingy .
If you were hitting the KFX issue, you will *have* to delete the on-device cache kindle_collections_path_cache.calibre manually.
Old 02-27-2019, 04:31 PM   #315
cd2013
Connoisseur
cd2013 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3G
Does the plugin work only on DRM-free books, or also with DRM-protected books bought from the Amazon store? With these, I understand Calibre cannot read them because they are protected, but can Calibre still read the titles, tag the books and use the tags to create collection on the jailbroken Kindle?

I searched the thread for "DRM" and "sideloaded" but didn't find anything.
cd2013 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections plug-in, kindle