Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-14-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
borucki
borucki began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
pocketbook pro as monitor - possible.

Greetings,

my english isn't best so pelase forgive me any language mistakes.
I hope we'll understand well.

I've came to this forum seeking for answer for my question which was ' how to make e-ink a pc display ', and after reading

hundreds of topics on a lot of sites net i've propably get my answer at last.

Just look:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&highlight=vnc

In this topic there's clearly written how to do it. I'm little suprised that i've succeded in my seeking, because after a lot

of ' it's impossible/ get an ipad' answers i nearly lost my hope.

Now, that tutorial consider irex iliad, which i don't have - and which is not produced anymore, but i got pocketbook pro 903

- which is very similar to irex in any way, so i've thought that it'll be rather stupid to sell new pb 903 and buy in

exchange something which is, well, used, worse, old and without any warranty.

That linux tricks, servers etc which allowing to make irex an pc display could be done because of, if i understood it

correctly, a ' sdk ' [software development kit] - which was launched some time ago, which lets programmers experiment with

the irex software.

And [!] here is a ' sdk ' for pocketbook pro [all models!] series:

http://pocketbook-free.sourceforge.net/en/sdk.shtml

so - only some good will and few hours of skilled linux guy is necessary to enable ' external display ' feature on pocketbook

pro, i assume that most of work is already done if trick is running on similar irex iliad.

Please, please, do a good deed hacker,
help me.

I can pay, just help me.
borucki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #2
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
i would very much like to see this done myself as i have a need for it. thanks for the link
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
dratidrat
dratidrat began at the beginning.

Device: PB903
I am also interested in using the pocketbook as a monitor, as the pocketbook itself is too slow and the firmwares too buggy
dratidrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:55 AM   #4
repods
Addict
repods is on a distinguished road

Device: irex DR-800S, M92S
Quote:
Originally Posted by borucki View Post
Greetings,

my english isn't best so pelase forgive me any language mistakes.
I hope we'll understand well.

I've came to this forum seeking for answer for my question which was ' how to make e-ink a pc display ', and after reading

hundreds of topics on a lot of sites net i've propably get my answer at last.

Just look:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&highlight=vnc

In this topic there's clearly written how to do it. I'm little suprised that i've succeded in my seeking, because after a lot

of ' it's impossible/ get an ipad' answers i nearly lost my hope.

Now, that tutorial consider irex iliad, which i don't have - and which is not produced anymore, but i got pocketbook pro 903

- which is very similar to irex in any way, so i've thought that it'll be rather stupid to sell new pb 903 and buy in

exchange something which is, well, used, worse, old and without any warranty.

That linux tricks, servers etc which allowing to make irex an pc display could be done because of, if i understood it

correctly, a ' sdk ' [software development kit] - which was launched some time ago, which lets programmers experiment with

the irex software.

And [!] here is a ' sdk ' for pocketbook pro [all models!] series:

http://pocketbook-free.sourceforge.net/en/sdk.shtml

so - only some good will and few hours of skilled linux guy is necessary to enable ' external display ' feature on pocketbook

pro, i assume that most of work is already done if trick is running on similar irex iliad.

Please, please, do a good deed hacker,
help me.

I can pay, just help me.

well I could do it, but at first someone should send me a pocketbook (a 902 would be ok)
repods is offline   Reply With Quote