Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-08-2020, 11:26 AM   #2146
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
There's no date/time section in the Settings, which is why I mentioned shell access. But it's a computer, there's a clock, and it matters .

A Kindlet failing to launch should never ever restart the device, so, you probably have much bigger issues on your hands, and mixing up "up to date" information with a ten year old mess means I have no idea in which state your device is.

Both KUAL and CR are fairly slow to startup, and the *first* launch will probably fail, especially if the device is busy. Second launch should be faster, though.
That's documented in the KUAL doc.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 01:24 PM   #2147
MonsteraPeru
MonsteraPeru began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & co.
Yeah, I don't really want to install USBNetworking on this Kindle! It's my original, and I don't want to brick it. It seems much easier to brick than most devices I've messed with, considering the age of most guides.

Yes, I figured out why it was restarting! I messed up with updating the developer keys, instead of just installing the keys, it was installing them and then uninstalling them on boot. KUAL works now, and Coolreader keeps giving me the "waiting for command" error, so that's likely the best I'm going to get.

Thank you for your help!
MonsteraPeru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2020, 04:04 PM   #2148
Abish4i
The Escapist
Abish4i began at the beginning.

Device: PW4 (10th Gen), Android, Zorin(linux)
Smile Tried renaming it to MENU.kual :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd23 View Post
Ok, that's funny.
I just created a directory called kual2 in documents and put a foo.kual in there. Et voila, it shows up in my library as "foo" and opens KUAL. I guess that works for me
It's really funny as now you can see that file won't appear on recent file sort refreshed list'
Abish4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 03:28 PM   #2149
dd23
dd23 is on a distinguished road

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abish4i View Post
It's really funny as now you can see that file won't appear on recent file sort refreshed list'
Sorry, I don't understand what you are trying to say.
I can see the file just fine in my library when sorted by most recent documents. I can also search for "KUAL" and the kindle will show the document in the search results.
dd23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, unified