Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-28-2014, 02:03 PM   #1
Matak
Matak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Problem with creation of ToC from docx to azw3

Hello again, one little problem with coversion this file from docx to azw3. I cannot create ToC. Here is my settings of Calibre and part of file docx. Thank you very much for your advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre-toc.PNG
Views:	257
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	120940  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Pan Kaplan fragment.zip (182.8 KB, 1455 views)
Matak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:05 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matak View Post
Hello again, one little problem with coversion this file from docx to azw3. I cannot create ToC. Here is my settings of Calibre and part of file docx. Thank you very much for your advice.
@Matak - I think indicated fields must be non-zero

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	120952  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2014, 07:02 PM   #3
Matak
Matak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Matak - I think indicated fields must be non-zero

BR
It doesn’t work. I try with numbers and same results. Maybe is something wrong with docx file, but i don’t know what.
Matak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:35 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matak View Post
It doesn’t work. I try with numbers and same results. Maybe is something wrong with docx file, but i don’t know what.
@Matak - I just had a play with the file you posted

I attached my 'MyBookTemplate.dotx' to your DOCX and applied my Heading 1 and Heading 2 styles to a few headings in the book, I used default settings in Conversion->TOC

Have a look at the attached ZIP. It contains your original DOCX, my altered DOCX, the resultant EPUB and AZW3 and my "MyBookTemplate.dotx"

I don't have a native AZW3 viewer, but from what I see in the calibre Book Editor it appears to have a ToC

I don't know why my heading styles appear to work and yours don't, I leave that for you to work out - make another post here if you can't do that.

Hope this helps

BR
Attached Files
File Type: zip 4Matak.zip (709.5 KB, 116 views)

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-29-2014 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Add AZW into ZIP
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote