Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 02-13-2008, 01:13 PM   #1
Eimarmeni
Eimarmeni began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise, PRS-505 (Sony Portable Reader)
Question A very nice and very dead backlit screen

Which is what I have right now from my new Ebookwise. It's like the battery fails somehow to support ... well, the books. The screen stays lighted, white and with absolutelly no letters at all. Of course none of the touch-screen controls is working (due to the fact that nothing is visible, I guess).

Any ideas ?
Eimarmeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eimarmeni View Post
Which is what I have right now from my new Ebookwise. It's like the battery fails somehow to support ... well, the books. The screen stays lighted, white and with absolutelly no letters at all. Of course none of the touch-screen controls is working (due to the fact that nothing is visible, I guess).

Any ideas ?

Try removing the external card if present. (be sure the unit is off whenever removing or inserting the card). If that fixes it then the card is likely bad.

Also try the reset hole.

If neither work then it is likely bad and will need to be exchanged.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #3
Eimarmeni

Unhappy Dead, Dead, Dead

I removed the card: Nothing
I put it back again: Nothing
I pressed "reset": Nothing
I did all these in different combinations: Nothing

I believe I have a bad eBookreader.
Pitty. I live in Greece, which means that I'll just toss it away ...
Old 02-13-2008, 04:36 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
I removed the card: Nothing
I put it back again: Nothing
I pressed "reset": Nothing
I did all these in different combinations: Nothing

I believe I have a bad eBookreader.
Pitty. I live in Greece, which means that I'll just toss it away ...
Too bad. There is a guy in this forum looking for a replacement screen. Perhaps he will take your unit. Don't toss it. Maybe someone else will think of something.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:28 PM   #5
Eimarmeni

Good idea

Ok, I'm keeping it for now. I was thinking ...

Step 1:
I'll ask the nice lady from e-bay who sold it to me (she's really helpful and all this is not her fault. She can't be responsible for a fawlty device from the moment I forego the guarantee. She explained, I understood) if there is a chance in a million to be done s/thing about it.

Step 2:
If nothing can be done, I'll post an announcement for anybody who might have need of spare parts.

Thanks for remind me of the others. In my, kind of depressed mood, I completely forgot about my fellow eBookwise user
Old 02-13-2008, 09:55 PM   #6
jmh139
jmh139 began at the beginning.

Device: Ebookwise 1150
I also bought one from the nice lady on Ebay. I am in the US though. Mine had a screen flaw, which was very small, but really annoying to me. I emailed her and she emailed support for me. They contacted me via email and took care of the problem. VERY VERY professional all the way. I hope you can get her to help, or find someone in the US to do the swap for you. I'd offer, but I just did a swap, they would probably remember me :-)

Quote:
Ok, I'm keeping it for now. I was thinking ...

Step 1:
I'll ask the nice lady from e-bay who sold it to me (she's really helpful and all this is not her fault. She can't be responsible for a fawlty device from the moment I forego the guarantee. She explained, I understood) if there is a chance in a million to be done s/thing about it.

Step 2:
If nothing can be done, I'll post an announcement for anybody who might have need of spare parts.

Thanks for remind me of the others. In my, kind of depressed mood, I completely forgot about my fellow eBookwise user
jmh139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 08:17 PM   #7
Eimarmeni

Dead Nature with Chips

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh139 View Post
I also bought one from the nice lady on Ebay. I am in the US though. Mine had a screen flaw, which was very small, but really annoying to me. I emailed her and she emailed support for me. They contacted me via email and took care of the problem. VERY VERY professional all the way. I hope you can get her to help, or find someone in the US to do the swap for you. I'd offer, but I just did a swap, they would probably remember me :-)

Well, thanks anyway :-)

What really bugs me with the stupid device is that when I turn it on (after a long off period), it .. works. Ok, not for long. For a second or two, then goes blank again. Don't even have time to get the stylus out. THAT makes me mad. It's like teasing me. I was wondering .. is it possible that I have a battery problem and it charges to almost nothing but shows that is fully charged? Tossing wild ideas here while waiting for a reply from Fictionwise Support Team (just for the heck of it).

The ebay lady is really great. She has no obligation whatsoever but still does her best to help me. I really recomend her for anyone who wants to buy an eBookwise reader.