Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-27-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
NickSteel
Kinda Retired
NickSteel began at the beginning.

Device: Nokia 770 / Fbreader
Fbreader Nokia 770 EPUB covers

I use Calibre to convert various formats to EPUB for my Nokia 770 internet tablet. I download covers and EPUB and JPG files are created. The covers do not appear on either my PC Fbreader or Nokia Fbreader.
NickSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 11:02 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Are you selecting --no-svg-cover? FBReader does not support SVG (the Desktop version may support images in SVG, but it is easiest to remove them entirely).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2010, 12:56 PM   #3
NickSteel
Kinda Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Are you selecting --no-svg-cover? FBReader does not support SVG (the Desktop version may support images in SVG, but it is easiest to remove them entirely).

Thanks. Fixed the problem.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:45 AM   #4
NickSteel
Kinda Retired

Covers on Nokia 770

Is there a way for covers to "stretch" to full size on when opening EPUB files?
Old 06-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #5
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
Only if you use SVG.

See Catch-22.

Since you know you're going to be using the N770, you could resize your covers to 480x800, which would fit the screen.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 07:28 AM   #6
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSteel View Post

Thanks. Fixed the problem.
Are you selecting any particular output device in Calibre, or using the default? I'm having a very similar problem (using FBreader on my n800 as well as Aldiko on my Android phone), but the "no SVG cover" setting doesn't help.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 08:41 AM   #7
NickSteel
Kinda Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayrad View Post
Are you selecting any particular output device in Calibre, or using the default? I'm having a very similar problem (using FBreader on my n800 as well as Aldiko on my Android phone), but the "no SVG cover" setting doesn't help.
I use Sony Reader output device for my Nokia n770
Old 07-09-2010, 09:18 AM   #8
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSteel View Post
I use Sony Reader output device for my Nokia n770
Ah, thanks, I had already tried that one with no luck. It's weird, my books give me the same problem (almost - the cover appears momentarily while the book opens, then vanishes) with Aldiko on my Android phone, as do Calibre-processed books from Baen, while books from Feedbooks look fine.
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote