Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-12-2010, 07:03 AM   #16
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
Yeah, I couldn't find them online either.

If people don't like bing cashback, they're welcome to not use it. I'm always looking for bargains myself and will pass them on to others so they can save, too. I got 20% off my ereader just before Christmas via bing cashback. That was worth it to me.

Got to head to Target today!
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #17
erasure25
Connoisseur
erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.erasure25 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950; PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Wow, thanks for the info!

I wonder if this is the beginning of a trend - a way for ebook stores to get around the agency pricing? Sell the gift cards at a discount, then the customer can use them to purchase the books that can't otherwise be discounted.
My guess is that stores like Target can buy them in bulk, and since there's always a percentage of people who either lose their gift card or fail to use the balance, they can sell them at a discount and still make money. I'm sure there's a ton of research out there. Or this could be some kind of loss leader or deal to encourage you to buy the reader from Target. In any case, good deal for those of us who are careful not to lose the card!
erasure25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 03:34 PM   #18
jmaloney
Connoisseur
jmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Reader Touch
I picked up two this afternoon. My Target was well stocked as well, not locked up, and they were marked with the sale price.

Thanks -- I would have completely missed this otherwise!
jmaloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:00 PM   #19
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
my question is, can these be used at the Sonystyle online store?
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 05:08 PM   #20
bookwerm
Zealot
bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bookwerm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: B&N Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
my question is, can these be used at the Sonystyle online store?
According to the T&C on the back of the gift card, it can only be used for ebook downloads at the Reader Store only.
bookwerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2010, 05:53 PM   #21
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwerm View Post
According to the T&C on the back of the gift card, it can only be used for ebook downloads at the Reader Store only.
well, bugger that. sigh. At least I can use my wife's target discount to make this better for books. Of course, now I have to choose some books. Hmmm...

Last edited by Ravensknight; 04-12-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #22
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan J View Post
Thanks! I would have missed the Target ad..I usually don't look at it...SILLY ME! Just ran over and got 4. Our target had a good supply and they weren't behind any locked doors! Too good to pass up.
I always read the Target ad, but I had to go through it three times before I found the ad concerning the Sony Reader gift cards. Maybe, it's just my eyes, but...
So, thanks Ken! I would've totally missed it if it were not for your "heads up"!

The nearest Target is an hour away, so I called & asked my Dad if he could pick some up for me. Money may be tight, but that is too good of a deal to pass up! I'm hoping he's successful!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:51 PM   #23
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Thanks for the heads up on this; just got myself four of them!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:32 PM   #24
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks OP!! Karma coming your way.

I snagged two for my mom's bday. My Target (University Heights, OH) had a giant stack of these laying out, but there was no indication that they were on sale. I had the cashier check the price for me just to double-check I had the right item

Last edited by queentess; 04-12-2010 at 11:24 PM. Reason: d'oh, it's called KARMA
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #25
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
At the Target on Spring Mountain and Rainbow in Vegas there was a large stack right next to the Sony Reader display and they were marked on sale. Interesting that the $50 gift cards are not on sale, only the $25 denomination. What a great way for Sony to get around the Agency pricing model. I wonder if other ebook retailers will follow suit. A 40% discount is significant given the pricing changes going on during the last month.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 10:40 PM   #26
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
I hit two different Targets in the Columbus area - one had a sign noting the sale, the other didn't (and they were just about impossible to find). Thanks so much for the heads-up!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:20 AM   #27
dickon25
Groupie
dickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505. Pocketbook Inkpad 840
I don't suppose anyone would be able to pick up a couple for poor little old me in the UK....? In exchange for hard Paypal cash......?
Yours, hopefully
dickon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:41 AM   #28
jmaloney
Connoisseur
jmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-booksjmaloney has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Reader Touch
Has anyone had trouble redeeming the gift cards? I bought two yesterday at Target, and when I try to redeem them, they both come up with an error stating that they're "invalid". I contacted Sony via their live chat, but they were pretty unhelpful (basically told me what I already knew: "I'm sorry, the $25 Gift Card purchassed from the Target Store cannot be redeemed."), and directed me to contact the Reader Store Telephone Support Team. (Because the Technical Chat Support Team does "not have the information regarding this.")

I'm gonna call up now, but just wanted to see if anyone else had similar problems.
jmaloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:48 AM   #29
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I've been hoping for something like this! Cool!

At the moment, I can't purchase books from Sony (don't know why) -- I've tried live chat and email and they have asked me to call for assistance. I haven't had a chance to call yet -- but I guess I'd better.

jmaloney -- I have found that live chat is less than helpful on the two issues that I've used them. I hope you get a good response on the phone!
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:52 AM   #30
sony_fox
Zealot
sony_fox has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Auroa H2O
Typically Sony is looking at the US only again. there's a whoel world of other customers out there.
sony_fox is offline   Reply With Quote