Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-02-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
teamplayer
teamplayer began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Doctor Who

I'm working with BBC America to promote the new series of Doctor Who with Matt Smith. Wanted to make sure that everyone is ready for the premiere on April 17 at 9/8c. It's going to be an extended episode with limited commercial interruption!

Be sure to get previews, interviews and more straight from the source, the official site: http://bbcamerica.com/shows/doctor-who/
teamplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:46 PM   #2
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
DR Who!!!

happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Awesome - I've been waiting!!
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #4
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

wait...who you talking about???
Old 04-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #5
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
[very quietly] Um. Here in the UK we're all very excited as it's on tomorrow night. Though I'm a bit concerned as I just found out that we have a guest staying... I hope she likes Doctor Who... [/very quietly]
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #6
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
[very quietly] Um. Here in the UK we're all very excited as it's on tomorrow night. [/very quietly]
OK, no spoilers allowed!
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:34 PM   #7
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
OK, no spoilers allowed!
[very quietly] My lips are sealed. And with Doctor Who in mind that is really quite scary. [/very quietly]
Old 04-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #8
happy_terd
Banned

I think the next Dr. Who should be that Mr. Bean guy.
Old 04-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #9
Graham
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy_terd View Post
I think the next Dr. Who should be that Mr. Bean guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Do-wDPoC6GM
Old 04-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #10
happy_terd
Banned

LOL
NO WAY!!! I am going to check that out later when I get back. (kind of excited)
Old 04-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #11
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Oh man! I wish we could pick up the new episodes. All we can get are older episodes aired on PBS.

Of course, I was thrilled when we found that we could pick up Doctor Who on a new PBS channel that we started receiving after the digital switchover. They were in the middle of Series 2 with David Tennant. My daughter wandered in and asked curiously what I was watching. ("Rise of the Cybermen") From that moment she was hooked (a new generation of Doctor Who lovers is born!) So, I should just be thankful for what we can view! Plus, we've been able to view Series 1 episodes via Netflix! As a matter of fact, we just got the movie "The Five Doctors" in the mail yesterday, so I can show my daughter the older re-generations that I remembered watching. My first Doctor was Tom Baker.

We got through Series 3 and then the PBS channel went back to airing Series 2, so we got to see the first episodes of that season that we had missed when we first discovered it. I wonder if & when they'll ever get to airing Series 4.

BTW- thanks for the new link teamplayer and Welcome to MobileRead!

... Mr. Bean?
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #12
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Best. Lines. Ever.:

"What happened to them?"
"They discovered fire."

DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 04:54 PM   #13
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is Torchwood finished or should I keep it on my record list, just in case?
Old 04-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #14
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Is Torchwood finished or should I keep it on my record list, just in case?
You could always hold out for Torchwood USA.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #15
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
You could always hold out for Torchwood USA.

I dunno, dumping brave cute gap-toothed Gwen for a generic American blonde will take some awfully good writing to overcome.

BTW, I saw the guy who played Capt Jack as a villain in something the other day, nothing interesting enough for me to remember the title. He's looking sort of crinkly for a guy who is supposed to be immortal.

Same thing for Spike the vampire in his unholy religious leader role on Caprica. (I keep watching hoping that anything interesting will occur.)

It's weird to see these actors playing age-appropriate roles after being icons for eternal youth.