Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #16
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by megabadd View Post
The html files opened up fine.
Did you look inside to see what might be different. (Open a file in notepad.) In particular check the font statement in the <head> element to see how it is defined. If may be that there is a difference. You could edit it to match the working one and see what difference it might make.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #17
megabadd
Enthusiast
megabadd began at the beginning.

Device: Astak PP
For the non working feed:
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<title>仕事場探訪:ガラスデスクとMacは相性良し : ライフハッカー[日本版], 仕事も生活も上手くこなすライフハック情報満載のブログ・メディア</title>
<meta name="keywords" content="APPLE, MICROSOFT, WEBツール, お役立ちアイテム, フリーソフト, ブラウザ, 仕事術, 恋愛術, 豆知識 などなど"/>

For the working one:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="ja" lang="ja">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css"/>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Script-Type" content="text/javascript"/>
<meta name="articleID" content="20091212-OYT1T00113"/>
<!--// title_start //-->

Last edited by megabadd; 12-11-2009 at 07:55 PM.
megabadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 07:56 PM   #18
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
There is no <head> element
Even in the good one? How did html browser determine what font to use? you must have your default set to Japanese I guess. Look in the CSS file to see what font it points to.

At some point the ePUB has to be told the font to use, it will not figure that out on its own.

Dale
Old 12-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #19
megabadd
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Even in the good one? How did html browser determine what font to use? you must have your default set to Japanese I guess. Look in the CSS file to see what font it points to.

At some point the ePUB has to be told the font to use, it will not figure that out on its own.

Dale
Whoops, sorry, edited previous post, for some reason, searching for "head" in notepad wasn't giving me anything although it was there.
Old 12-11-2009, 08:06 PM   #20
megabadd
Enthusiast

Ah, so it's not adding the language being japanese to my feeds. I tried manually adding "langauge = 'ja'" just now and it still doesn't show up in the finished file...
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 08:07 PM   #21
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Whoops, sorry, edited previous post, for some reason, searching for "head" in notepad wasn't giving me anything although it was there.
Interesting, they did it different than I expected anyway. Try replacing the html line in the bad file with the good file

This should tell the language in use and somehow this gets translated into the fonts to use I guess.

Once you have made the substitution then rezip the changed files into the epub file and try it.

In Calibre there may be a way to hard code the html. I know there is for CSS. You may have to ask in the Calibre forum.

You may also want to compare the CSS file. Perhaps it can be fixed there. Note the good file references a css file but the bad one does not. This may also be a good way to fix it by forcing this entry.

Dale
Old 12-11-2009, 08:17 PM   #22
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Note that if you don't see a CSS file check for a Style section and statements in the head section of the good file. This information is the same as a CSS file.

Dale
Old 12-11-2009, 08:23 PM   #23
megabadd
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Interesting, they did it different than I expected anyway. Try replacing the html line in the bad file with the good file

This should tell the language in use and somehow this gets translated into the fonts to use I guess.

Once you have made the substitution then rezip the changed files into the epub file and try it.

In Calibre there may be a way to hard code the html. I know there is for CSS. You may have to ask in the Calibre forum.

You may also want to compare the CSS file. Perhaps it can be fixed there. Note the good file references a css file but the bad one does not. This may also be a good way to fix it by forcing this entry.

Dale
YES!

Just adding xml:lang="ja" lang="ja" to the head of the other html file and then re-zipping in worked. However, in my recipe I have the language = 'ja' but after it finished pulling it had lang = 'en'
Old 12-11-2009, 08:37 PM   #24
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
YES!

Just adding xml:lang="ja" lang="ja" to the head of the other html file and then re-zipping in worked. However, in my recipe I have the language = 'ja' but after it finished pulling it had lang = 'en'
Great, glad it worked. As to the recipe you need to report that as a bug in the Calibre group or web site. It should not change the language.

Dale