Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 10-23-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
geneaber
Connoisseur
geneaber doesn't littergeneaber doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Killer Angels

Does anyone know if The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara is available as an ebook anywhere? Thanks.
geneaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:09 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
His son Jeff's books are all available, but unfortunately the very good Killer Angels isn't yet avaialble as an ebook (except from pirate sources). Neither is his other book For Love of the Game.

EDIT: This is weird. The publisher, Random House, shows on their site that it came out as an ebook over a year ago, but I can't find it for sale anywhere.

http://www.randomhouse.com/catalog/d...=9780345513731
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2009, 08:17 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Just checked all my sources and none have it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:43 PM   #4
hike_gc
Zealot
hike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enoughhike_gc will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nook
Try this

I did a search on ebookprice.info and under Barnes and Noble it said coming soon. Maybe they are working on an ebook version. Hope you find it. It's an awesome book. Did you know that book is the basis for a movie called 'Gettysburg' that was made years ago? The movie very closely follows the book.
hike_gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #5
geneaber
Connoisseur
geneaber doesn't littergeneaber doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hike_gc View Post
I did a search on ebookprice.info and under Barnes and Noble it said coming soon. Maybe they are working on an ebook version. Hope you find it. It's an awesome book. Did you know that book is the basis for a movie called 'Gettysburg' that was made years ago? The movie very closely follows the book.
Excellent. I read the book 20 years ago and really enjoyed it (and the movie). I just finished Gods and Generals and wanted to read the trilogy in order.
geneaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
Bluesman7
Book 'em Danno
Bluesman7 doesn't litterBluesman7 doesn't litter

I just read "Killer Angels" again about a month ago. Interesting book.

Interestingly, I have a friend locally who is the great great (great?) grandson of (Union) General Buford and who, if you compare with photographs from the time, is the spitting image of his ancestor. (They share the same name and he is a retired career Marine Lt. COL.)
Bluesman7 is offline   Reply With Quote