Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 01-25-2006, 10:51 AM   #1
bwinton
bwinton began at the beginning.

Device: Palm T|X
Question Sunning SICP

I'm trying to grab a copy of The Structure And Interpretation of Computer Programs from that url, and I'm having some problems. First, the url has a bare % in it, which causes Sunrise to issue an exception (java.net.URISyntaxException: Malformed escape pair at index 60). I can strip it out easily enough, but when I do, Sunrise only seems to grab the first page.

I've set my document's properties to a link depth of 1, and it only seems to grab some of the pages. At first, I guessed that it might be the "%"s in the urls, but when I wrote some code to get rid of them, it still didn't pluck the other pages.

So now my guess is that Sunrise isn't handling links of the form:
<a name="%_toc_%_chap_Temp_2" href="book-Z-H-5.html#%_chap_Temp_2">

Is that a correct assumption? Has anyone successfully sunned the SICP? Do I _really_ need to download a copy of it, and edit all the pages myself, or switch back to JPluck?

(Oh, I should probably mention that I'm using Sunrise 0.42i on Windows XP.)

Thanks,
Blake.

Last edited by bwinton; 01-25-2006 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:42 AM   #2
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Sunrise XP handles this site, but there's an issue with anchor handling that also shows up here. Will fix this for alpha 4.
Advert
Old 01-26-2006, 07:28 AM   #3
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
Sunrise XP handles this site, but there's an issue with anchor handling that also shows up here. Will fix this for alpha 4.
Fixed this for alpha 3b. Site should work OK now.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:32 AM   #4
kevinfrei
kevinfrei began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
SICP in one big HTML file (or for Kindle...)

I just shoved this thing into a single HTML file, and then converted it for my Kindle. You can find the link at http://www.amyandkevin.net/kev.html. I have no idea if that helps (the anchors still have % in the name, but you could probably just get rid of them entirely).

-Kev