Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > ePub Books (offline)

Notices

Old 08-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #1
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Post Christie, Agatha: The Mysterious Affair at Styles. v2. 29 Aug 2009

This is my first attempt at making an ePub book by hand. I present Agatha Christie's first novel, The Mysterious Affair at Styles, in which detective Poirot is brought in to investigate the murder of the wealthy Mrs. Inglethorp.

The main text was sourced from PG, with images found on another site. I've gone through and attempted to correct/italicize all of the bits of French that are littered throughout the book.

Finally, I've attempted to make all of the images scalable, so readers with smaller screens should hopefully fare well. If anyone is reading this on a Jetbook, smartphone, or other device with a non-800x600 screen, please let me know if this works. Thanks and enjoy!

EDIT: 29 Aug 2009 (v1 downloaded 46 times)
A few minor tweaks to text styles
Added a description in the OPF file
NOTE: Calibre doesn't recognize the SVG cover, so the book isn't readable there. However, it seems to work fine everywhere else.

Last edited by mtravellerh; 01-31-2010 at 11:31 AM. Reason: uploaded v2
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thank you abecedary ! this looks really nice. excellent work ! it's great to have the illustrations as well ! i haven't read this for a while, it will be a real pleasure to read this well-formatted edition on my liseuse. karma to you. i hope you'll make more epub books.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 05:00 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hm, just for info, ade desktop opened the file just fine, but calibre doesn't seem to like it.

i sent it through the threepress epubcheck validation tool here http://threepress.org/document/epub-validate and it says it's valid, so i'm not sure what calibre's problem is... i suspect it doesn't like svg images (it can't find the cover).
Old 08-26-2009, 05:08 PM   #4
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
I'm not a big fan of Agatha Christie but I like how this book looks on jetBook screen.
I see the pictures "Door to Servant's Room" and "Mrs. Inglethorp's bedroom" fine on jetBook screen in landscape mode.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:10 PM   #5
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
very cool! it works perfectly on the jetbook
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2009, 05:12 PM   #6
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Hmmm. Thanks for pointing that out, zelda. As far as I know, SVGs are allowed image formats. I'd hate to have to lose the cover. The other images are all PNGs. Anyways, I just realized that I never did fill in the description text in the opf file, so I'll be doing an update in the next day or so. Maybe I can figure out why calibre doesn't like it by then.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 05:13 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

svgs are definitely allowed, so please keep the cover, it's really nice ! it might be a bug in calibre, in which case you should mention it to kovid. as i said, it validated, and ade had no problems with it, so i wouldn't worry too much. i'll check back for the update with the description though.
Old 01-30-2010, 07:51 PM   #8
Jan J
Enthusiast
Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jan J has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS600
Thank you so much for this book. Enjoyed it thoroughly and it was perfect on my Sony 600.

Last edited by Jan J; 01-30-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Jan J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #9
bassclefrules
bassclefrules is a marvel to beholdbassclefrules is a marvel to beholdbassclefrules is a marvel to beholdbassclefrules is a marvel to beholdbassclefrules is a marvel to beholdbassclefrules is a marvel to beholdbassclefrules is a marvel to beholdbassclefrules is a marvel to beholdbassclefrules is a marvel to beholdbassclefrules is a marvel to beholdbassclefrules is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Touch
Abecedary,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to create this ePub! I received a Kindle Touch for Christmas, and I downloaded a free version of this book from Amazon. However, because it did not include the illustrations, I went searching for them on the web.

My Google search led me to this thread. Your ePub version is much nicer because of the time you took to include illustrations and formatting such as italics. FYI, the illustrations work very nicely on the Touch, as they can be expanded to fill the full screen so I can see more detail. I used calibre to convert and transfer the ePub format to the Kindle, and your ePub is readable in calibre 0.8.33 on my Mac, as well. Thank you again for your contribution.
bassclefrules is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
agatha christie, murder, mystery, poirot