Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #1
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Asus Transformer, WIFI Xoom, EVO LTE, 3G Paperwhite 10/2
A4 sized books from Sony ebookstore

I have noticed alot of ebooks on Sony's ebookstore that are around A4 size with the print editions, mainly computer related topics. My question is how are these on the 505, does Sony do a good job formatting them to fit the screen properly? I would hate to pay $60 for an ebook off their site only to find out it is too difficult to read on the small screen.
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:54 AM   #2
nobylspoon
Zealot
nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nobylspoon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Asus Transformer, WIFI Xoom, EVO LTE, 3G Paperwhite 10/2
So I just asked Sony about this and now I am worried about making any purchase through their bookstore. The book in question is CompTIA Network+ All-in-One Exam Guide, Fourth Edition. It sells for $47.99 on the Sony eBookstore. This is alot of money to pay for a book that offers NO REFUNDS. I just wanted to be sure that since they were selling it on their bookstore that it would be properly displayed on their readers but this was the answer I got...

"You may try to use the A4 size ebook in the Reader. However, the appropriate display of the eBook is not guaranteed."
nobylspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #3
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
You have to put the reader into landscape mode, then it'll display the top or bottom half of a page at a time --- whether or no you find that a tolerable way to read depends on your preferences.

W/ a decent body text size and simple formatting, I've found it workable for some texts, but usually I fall back on reading such on my Fujitsu Stylistic Tablet PC.

William
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote