Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-01-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Thumbs down Convert from rtf to prc

Hello,
I am the owner of a new Cybook and I am trying to convert a .doc file to prc.
I am using the desktop Mobipocket Reader (which might be the culprit), and whatever I try to do I always get "New Toc ..." as book title. I am trying to change it within the Reader which shows the attributes exctly as I wich it, but alas, the Cybook keeps on telling me the title is "New Toc ...." (the dots are for etc.)
I have deleted the file and the .mdb and .t2b (which should not be important) from the Cybook and have performed a re-synch, but to no avail.
Some help ? Where do I go wrong ? Wrong tools, or what ?

Bruno
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:27 PM   #2
Thanabur
Thanabur began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hello Bruno.

I've you downloaded Mobipocket Creator? From that software you can go to the metadata tab and give whatever title and author you wish to your .prc

It works a lot like Mobipocket Reader but with finer control. Try to read the tutorials by HarryT on the forum part dedicated to the Cybook.
Thanabur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2008, 01:29 PM   #3
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It deserves a try. Thanks for now, I'll let you know what happens.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:25 PM   #4
brudigia
Evangelist

First try, the creator gives me back a number of warnings because it doesn't find as external files some embedded images. Going to think about it.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:08 AM   #5
brudigia
Evangelist

I have tried a few times, looked in the help files and googled for a solution. The images actually are where Creator tells me they are not; the file is created but no images are inside.
Anybody knows where I can find some help on it ?
Advert
Old 10-02-2008, 03:15 AM   #6
Thanabur
Thanabur began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
I'm not completely sure that's the problem but the fact is that the document you have has the information on the location of the images but you still have to tell Creator to embed them.

The way to do this is to go to metadata and get rid of the information there about the embeded images, then browse again for them and lastly update the metadata so that the images stick to the ebook.

Just to be sure, are you talking about cover images or something else?

Also if you want you can send me the doc (if it's not sensitive information) and I'll try to give it a go. If that's so just send me a PM.
Thanabur is offline   Reply With Quote