Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-07-2014, 04:35 AM   #76
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuhuanjoan View Post

At the moment, I have a 4inch E-book reader in my hand, may I know, if someone else have some good E-book readers to recommend ?
Such as some smallest or lightest E-book reader you known. :
I'm currently reading on a Kindle Keyboard. I'm making sure it's good before passing it on down the line. (Actually, I like it quite a bit, I might hang on to it.)
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 04:39 AM   #77
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Not only that, the Aura has a much smaller outside dimension than the STG.
But does it have the page turn buttons?
rcentros is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2014, 04:26 PM   #78
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
But does it have the page turn buttons?
No, but the poster said they were considering it, so I wanted to point out how much smaller it is.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:10 PM   #79
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
Aura HD for home use.
Glo / Mini when out and about.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:51 PM   #80
HoopyFrood
Zealot
HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HoopyFrood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cruz e-reader, 2 Kindles and a Kindle DX, Sanza Clip
Mostly on my Kindle DX, but .epub on my Nook HD+. I have a couple other regular Kindles, non-touch, non-pw but they just gather dust since I got the DX. Love it, love it, love it.
HoopyFrood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2014, 01:48 AM   #81
rraod
Bibliophile
rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rraod ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
In office sometimes I use my desktop with calibre reader. At home I was using my laptop and later on my 10" tablet.

Last year my wife got a Kindle PW1 and I got hooked it. Due to the difficulty in sharing with her, I got myself a used Nook ST for $30 and fell in love with it immediately. My only complaint with it is the lack of internal light, as I do a lot of reading on my bed. Now it has become my primary reader. I prefer EPUBs to MOBIs as they are easy to edit on Sigil.

Now I have set my eyes on Kobo Aura HD, waiting for the right opportunity to get it. That will be my ultimate reader so far.
rraod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:17 AM   #82
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by readerlover View Post
I have a Sony PRS-300 and I absolutely love it as it still has buttons and not a touchscreen like the newer eReaders have!
I'm transitioning back to a Sony PRS-505, my second one after the battery wore out with my original one. Like with readerlover, I like the physical buttons and also the following: the interface, the clear and sharp e-ink screen, and the size (large enough screen for ereading, while the itself device is the right size for easy carrying).

I've had/have many other ebook readers, such as: Kobo Touch, Nook Color, Nook HD+, Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-600, and Sony PRS-T1. However, for me none of them has been as good as the PRS-505 when it comes to ebook reading.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:17 AM   #83
NickC42
NickC42 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Mostly Sony Xperia Z Ultra (great for the bath as it's waterproof) with the Google Play Books app, sometimes iPad Mini Retina with same app, also Sony PRS-350 which I still love.

I'm a bit concerned about the effect on eyesight and sleep patterns with the LCD backlit screens, so try to use the Sony PRS-350 in the later evening. It doesn't do email or web though, so may look at the Onyx T68.

Nick
NickC42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:29 AM   #84
Kicksplode
Kicksplode began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Nook Simple Touch
My main reader is a Paperwhite 2. I use my Nook ST as a backup when my wife is borrowing the Kindle or if I'm reading at the beach.
Kicksplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:49 AM   #85
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Nexus 7 LTE and Onyx T68
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:04 AM   #86
inl1ner
inl1ner began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
At home I read on the Kobo Aura HD

Hi @all,

because the display is large and shows a lot of text. When traveling, I use the Sony PRS-T1, because he has an audio interface, with which I can cover the environmental noises.

I find it incredible that no current eBook reader has a headphone jack.

inl1ner
inl1ner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #87
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm currently reading on two devices: a Nexus 7 LCD tablet, and an Onyx T68 Lynx eInk Android tablet. On both devices I have my full library, managed by the wonderful Calibre Companion, and am using Moon+ to read books with.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:49 PM   #88
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Preferred reader for on-the-go and most general reading: Kobo Mini. Also enjoy reading on the Sony PRS-350 or 650 because I love their form factor (metal & substantial weight), plus I have the lighted covers so I these are my go-to readers when not in good lighting.

I have my trusty iPad for reading magazines on Zinio and/or larger image-intensive stuff (home design mags/books). I also just picked up an original Kobo Arc for a very good deal. I can't call it an eReader as it's not an eInk device, but it's definitely a lovely little tablet!
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:21 PM   #89
MAT160
Enthusiast
MAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-booksMAT160 has learned how to read e-books

Device: PRS-600
I use the Kindle Paperwhite everyday.
MAT160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:46 AM   #90
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire1 View Post
I'm transitioning back to a Sony PRS-505, my second one after the battery wore out with my original one. Like with readerlover, I like the physical buttons and also the following: the interface, the clear and sharp e-ink screen, and the size (large enough screen for ereading, while the itself device is the right size for easy carrying).
The contrast on modern eInk screens is enormously better than on that of the PRS-505. I'm surprised that you don't find this to make a difference.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
e-book reader