Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-04-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
Automatic AZW3 conversion for Kindle

Hello,

Whenever I try to send an unsupported document to kindle (say an epub, for example), Calibre offers to convert it first.
However, if I click Yes, it always goes for MOBI, even if I set AZW3 as preferred output.
How do I change this behaviour?
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 02:12 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
Hello,

Whenever I try to send an unsupported document to kindle (say an epub, for example), Calibre offers to convert it first.
However, if I click Yes, it always goes for MOBI, even if I set AZW3 as preferred output.
How do I change this behaviour?
Send How?
AFAIK AMZON does not allow AZW3 by mail
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2014, 02:19 PM   #3
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Via usb cable. It is not a technical problem, because I can very well choose "Send in a specific format to" Kindle... In that case a dialog opens up in where you can choose any one of the formats the Kindle supports. If it is not present in your library, Calibre will convert it for you. So, it works.
However, if you just choose "Send to", and a supported format isn't already present, Calibre tells you a (suppressable) "Shall I convert it to a supported format?" and if you click yes... it just converts it to mobi. What I want is it converts it to azw3 here.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:23 PM   #4
arcadesdude
Lexically Impaired
arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2
In Calibre, you can right click on your book(s) in the list and then choose send to device, send specific format.

Or you could just open My Computer then open the drive letter that corresponds to your kindle and drop the azw3 files in the /documents folder of the kindle directly.
arcadesdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:18 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Is the Fire Driver configured for AZW3 as the highest priority?

Preferences: Plugins: Device Interface: K F
Adjust the order and ticks to taste
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2014, 03:39 PM   #6
Ruskie_it
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadesdude View Post
In Calibre, you can right click on your book(s) in the list and then choose send to device, send specific format.

Or you could just open My Computer then open the drive letter that corresponds to your kindle and drop the azw3 files in the /documents folder of the kindle directly.
Yeah, I know I can do that (we wrote at the same time). But it's more clicks. I just wanted to know it there was a way to change default behavior.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:41 PM   #7
Ruskie_it
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Is the Fire Driver configured for AZW3 as the highest priority?

Preferences: Plugins: Device Interface: K F
Adjust the order and ticks to taste
I think this does the trick! Thank you!