Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
mxbndr
Grateful Plebe
mxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Libra H2O
When Calibre adds some ebooks to device, they appear in Documents rather than books

I have 3 MOBI files that when I send to device, they show at the end of all the other titles, after Archived Items, etc. How do I fix this?
mxbndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxbndr View Post
I have 3 MOBI files that when I send to device, they show at the end of all the other titles, after Archived Items, etc. How do I fix this?
I found the following in calibre's FAQ it may apply to your problem.

Quote:
The covers for my MOBI files have stopped showing up in Kindle for PC/Kindle for Android/iPad etc.

This is caused by a bug in the Amazon software. You can work around it by going to Preferences->Output Options->MOBI output and setting the “Enable sharing of book content” option. If you are reconverting a previously converted book, you will also have to enable the option in the conversion dialog for that individual book (as per book conversion settings are saved and take precedence).

Note that doing this will mean that the generated MOBI will show up under personal documents instead of Books on the Kindle Fire and Amazon whispersync will not work, but the covers will. It’s your choice which functionality is more important to you. I encourage you to contact Amazon and ask them to fix this bug.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2012, 04:36 AM   #3
mxbndr
Grateful Plebe
mxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavensmxbndr is a rising star in the heavens

Thanks, but I don't have that option checked. And it's only 3 books; most of my collection works brilliantly.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
What device are you sending to? By default, for example, some Kindle devices load your "books" to "documents"... they define "books" as only those items downloaded from the Kindle store.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #5
mxbndr
Grateful Plebe

Kindle 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
What device are you sending to? By default, for example, some Kindle devices load your "books" to "documents"... they define "books" as only those items downloaded from the Kindle store.
I use a Kindle 3. All of the books on the device are loaded by Calibre, so what makes these 3 different?

Also, sorry for the long layover. I don't get email notifications from the replies. I'll see about fixing that.
Advert

Tags
docs, kindle 3