Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #1
jdm001
Connoisseur
jdm001 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Dualbook
Question What do I look for in Android market for apps that are not compatible?

Hello all.

I just got my Entourage dualbook (btw what do you guys google for the name? Entourage dualbook, dual book, edge, seems its referred to in a dozen ways lol).

I notice in the market theres a bunch of appslike this one that are not compatable:

https://market.android.com/details?i...vallee.voxound

I love that app, but it doesnt let me DL here. Is it the device? If so, can i fool it? Is it the version of Android? Id really like this app!

Also, on here i saw how to get Evernote which was the same way, but someone had an apk link on a site called freewarelovers.com... how/why did that work, and how can i do it for tge app above?

Thanks in advance!
jdm001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
For a start do you have the large eDGe - 10 inch LCD screen, usually referred to as EE, or the Pocket eDGe - 6 inch ?? LCD screen the PE.

Next does it still have android v1.6 - Dingo - or have you updated it to v2.2 -Ermine? If you have the PE then you can upgrade to a modified version of Ermine that will allow you to access the market.

The limitations of both the EE and PE are the android version and the hardware - the eDGe is not a phone and as such does not have any of the phone hardware. This causes problems when developers have their apps check for phone hardware on install, even if they don't use the hardware, and so will not install even if they will run on android 2.2.

On http://www.freewarelovers.com/android you will find several versions of most of their listed apps. If the latest doesn't work an earlier version just might.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #3
jdm001
Connoisseur
jdm001 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage Dualbook
Thumbs up

Oh sorry, I have the pocket edge from ebay with Android 2.2 installed already. Its recognized as a Nexus One on everything. I have google voice installed and have it as a default for "all calls" on the system (for the few apps that have called for one).

This app does use tge phone on certain things, is there a way to bypass it?

Thanks again, loving this device and system!
jdm001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
rixeta
Enthusiast
rixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheese

Device: Edge Entourage
Welcome to the forum

since you have the PE you can install the allmine version which has the market... and from there you can install all the apps you want

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=159872
im sure ull love it more
rixeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:31 PM   #5
rixeta
Enthusiast
rixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheeserixeta can extract oil from cheese

Device: Edge Entourage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rixeta View Post
Welcome to the forum

since you have the PE you can install the allmine version which has the market... and from there you can install all the apps you want

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=159872
im sure ull love it more
please make sure you read the comments .. and double read the instruction.. for precaution purposes
rixeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2012, 07:04 AM   #6
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Well it might me a good idea to wait until he'll be acknowledged about some of the devices features and capabilities, before she goes for the Allmine
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote