Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 03-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #1
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Screen not working after only 24 hrs!

I brought my Nook yesterday and now the screen is not working! It was working fine until about 30, 40 mins ago. I had it in the case in my purse. I used it last night and today with no issues and now it's broke. Has anyone else had this happen to their Nook or similar ereader? Please tell me that B&N will be willing to fix this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	broken nook.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	68927  
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:18 PM   #2
gandalf1369
gandalf1369 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Bring it Back !!

Just bring it back to the store where you purchased it along with the receipt. You should be able to get a replacement immediately especially considering it is only a day old!
gandalf1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Mmmkay...now it's working again. I guess I panicked for nothing. I just happened to push the power button again for the 10th time. It turned itself off and came back on and now it looks like new. That was weird. Well, at least it is still working.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I would seriously consider taking it back and at least talking to the store you got it from anyway. It doesn't look too different from the screen on the one I dropped - the eink screens can be delicate, and there may be a loose connection or something. Take the picture with you so they can see the issue.
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
faithbw
Guru

I'm going to take it back. I just got back home and I'm having issues with the screen after trying to get it out of sleep mode. I have the picture on my phone so they can see it. taustin, did they give you any trouble when you brought it back? I don't think it would be an issue since it hasn't been 14 days but I'm just wondering how someone's else experience has been.
Advert
Old 03-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #6
taustin
Wizard
taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taustin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithbw View Post
I'm going to take it back. I just got back home and I'm having issues with the screen after trying to get it out of sleep mode. I have the picture on my phone so they can see it. taustin, did they give you any trouble when you brought it back? I don't think it would be an issue since it hasn't been 14 days but I'm just wondering how someone's else experience has been.
When I dropped it, it was my fault, and entirely my fault for not having bought the extended warranty. However, the first one I got stopped charging within 24 hours, and the local store was very helpful, well trained, and empowered to fix the problem. In short, they confirmed it wasn't charging, and gave me another one.

(This is one of the reasons I bought a nook instead of a Kindle - Amazon is an online only company, and dealing with actual customers is a pain in the ass for them, and it shows in their customer service. B&N has always been a brick & mortar store, and dealing with customers face to face is what they do.)
taustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 01:16 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That picture looks like a faulty display controller. I would agree with the suggestion to get it replaced.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:40 AM   #8
faithbw
Guru

I returned it yesterday and was given a new one. I haven't had any issues with the new one. B&N was very helpful and friendly. I'm not sure exactly what was wrong with the old one. The saleswoman did not tell me. I'm just glad I have a working Nook again. Thanks for the advice!