Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-27-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
The Neurosis Thread

Here we lie back on the virtual psychiatrist's couch and tell of all the deep-seated fears and woes we carry in the back of our heads.

I'll begin.

I am afraid of sentient vehicles. Thomas the Tank Engine? Horrifying. Who wants ten tons of metal with a mind of its own? What if it gets mad? Disney's CARS? A horror movie. Maximum Overdrive? Probably the scariest story Stephen King ever wrote.

I also compulsively spell things backwards in my head and all pencils in my pencilcase must point the same direction.

Your turn. Come on, we all have one or three.

Last edited by coinín; 02-27-2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: i'm also neurotic about typos... must fix typos...
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 10:14 PM   #2
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
i am afraid of most insects.

i am afraid of roller coasters and heights (even when the car dips and bumps my hearts dips and bumps with it). i once had a nightmare that i was on a never-ending roller coaster, the part where it is just about to plunge, then plunges. repeat, over and over.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2011, 02:09 AM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I have a ton of issues, but I am to messed up to talk about them
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:26 AM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by coinín View Post
I am afraid of sentient vehicles. Thomas the Tank Engine? Horrifying. Who wants ten tons of metal with a mind of its own? What if it gets mad? Disney's CARS? A horror movie. Maximum Overdrive? Probably the scariest story Stephen King ever wrote.
I'm afraid of non-sentient drivers... Who wants ten tons of metal, without a mind? What if... oh wait, they already are mad.

I can't throw away things. I cannot even sell things! If I really need to get rid of things, I'd rather give it away...

And I always keep statistics. Every game I played, I made statistics, where to find stuff, how best to level, what attributes to max, what path to take...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:20 PM   #5
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
I count things, obsessively. The number of stairs in my house, the number cars going through the light while I wait, gun shots in movies (they all have 12 bullets), the number of words in this post (36 not counting this sentence)
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2011, 11:05 PM   #6
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
Come on, I know we're all a little OCD about something.
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #7
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A little, you've posted 79 times and your average word count is 9.863012

I don't have OCD, I'm just more detailed than everyone else
Old 03-07-2011, 09:06 AM   #8
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Sometimes (often) I feel the need to go back and check if I've closed the car door.
I also suffer from chronic I-can-do-it-later-ness. And I'm just about to embark on a mild spring-related asthenic journey.
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:46 AM   #9
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenaciousBadger View Post
Sometimes (often) I feel the need to go back and check if I've closed the car door.
I also suffer from chronic I-can-do-it-later-ness. And I'm just about to embark on a mild spring-related asthenic journey.
a what?
Old 03-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #10
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
a what?
riight, wanted to be poetic and tongue in cheek about the ailment.
it's a malaise associated with weakness, dizziness, moodiness, usually when the weather grows warm after winter or vice versa.
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenaciousBadger View Post
riight, wanted to be poetic and tongue in cheek about the ailment.
it's a malaise associated with weakness, dizziness, moodiness, usually when the weather grows warm after winter or vice versa.
I had visions of aesthetics and de-toxes, and yoga trance states
Old 03-07-2011, 12:36 PM   #12
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
My sister is diagnosed OCD. I like to torture her. When i visit, i like to nudge things out of alignment and see how long it takes for her to completely subconsciously realign things. It only takes a couple of minutes. Of course, now she expects me to do it so she finds things faster, but it is amazing to watch her.

When we travel, we send postcards. On hers, the postage stamps go on crooked or upside down. Makes her all sorts of crazy!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:19 PM   #13
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
My sister is diagnosed OCD. I like to torture her. When i visit, i like to nudge things out of alignment and see how long it takes for her to completely subconsciously realign things. It only takes a couple of minutes. Of course, now she expects me to do it so she finds things faster, but it is amazing to watch her.

When we travel, we send postcards. On hers, the postage stamps go on crooked or upside down. Makes her all sorts of crazy!
You, DixieGal, are a mean, cruel, heartless person....

I need to go find an OCD friend and try some of those
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #14
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
I stack dishes. When my wife and I go out to dinner and prepare to leave, I cannot keep myself from stacking the dirty plates and utensils for the poor guy who has to clean up after us. Weird.

When I was a teenager, I had to determine whether the number of letters in spoken words was odd or even. So if you used the word "interesting" in a sentence, for example, I was busily determining that there are an odd number letters (11) at warp speed. Sometime in my twenties I got over that somehow.

When I was maybe 8 or 10 or so, I had a need to rotate my body clockwise or counterclockwise in order to counterbalance rotations I may have to make while playing or doing chores or whatever. At some point, I realized that superstitious crap and quit that.

I am also over my hoarding tendency which was never terribly strong. These days, I want to throw everything out and go minimalist.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 02:02 AM   #15
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
I am also over my hoarding tendency which was never terribly strong. These days, I want to throw everything out and go minimalist.
Been there done that, I could probably pack everything I own into 2 large suitcases and a large laptop case. Oh hang on, I already did that when I moved here everything I owned was under the airlines weight restrictions, and customs didn't ask why I had so much stuff

Living minimally is pretty cool until you wonder where your toolbox is, or you want to read one of the 2000 books you sold, gave away or left for charity or you just want to relax on something, furniture that is

I wouldn't go back for all the "Stuff" in the world