Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
brecky
brecky began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre pro
Aluratek Libre Pro

I'm a frustrated newbie. Not sure I'm posting this in the right place. I have the above eBook reader & wonder if there's a forum for others with this reader? Would be nice to trade tips etc...
brecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #2
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Go up to the Etaco Jetbook forum. The Aluratek is covered there, because they both use the same hardware device (but use different software).
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
gintzj
Connoisseur
gintzj began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wifi model
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecky View Post
I'm a frustrated newbie. Not sure I'm posting this in the right place. I have the above eBook reader & wonder if there's a forum for others with this reader? Would be nice to trade tips etc...
I just bought the same e-reader for my wife for x-mas present

Keep in touch

thank you

Jim
gintzj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:42 AM   #4
brecky

I have decided to sell me Libre, not because it doesn't work, but because finding or buying bestseller ebooks in Canada is too difficult & expensive. It has been a frustrating experience. Maybe it will get better a couple years down the road, but I aint holding my breath. ;o(
Old 12-03-2010, 01:35 AM   #5
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
You should check out the other forums - there are a lot of Canadians here and they seem to be able to get the books without a problem. You can also read library books on the Libre - have you looked into that? Kobobooks is Canadian-based, I believe. Not to mention the thousands of books that are free on Project Gutenberg and other places.

There are programs that mask your Canadian ISP and other tricks to circumvent geo restrictions, if that's an issue.

And of course, almost every book is available "free" on the Dark Net....
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 01:40 AM   #6
brecky

Unhappy Thanks for the encouragement

but I just don't feel like supporting publishers who don't want Cdn customers. I feel the same way about Rhapsody. I know there are lots of free & cheap books out there, but I want current, recent best sellers. So I will keep buying them used at book sales or exchange them with friends.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:20 AM   #7
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I get all the current, recent best-sellers from Kobo and the Toronto public library.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:07 AM   #8
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I have had my Libra Pro for four months and had great experience with it, what questions do you have I will attempt to answer all your questions.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:48 AM   #9
brecky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
I get all the current, recent best-sellers from Kobo and the Toronto public library.
I forgot to mention that my library lending period for ebooks is only 2 weeks. I can't read a book that fast. As I recall, Kobo doesn't have any current John Grisham books. That was my yardstick. Most of the free books are from the 'dead authors' society ;o( Anyway, I have sold my Libre & will use paper books.