Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
mypolar
Enthusiast
mypolar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505 Yeah! Palm Tungesten E2
Help restoring a replacement Kindle

Hi, myKindle 3G that I had for less than 2 month had so many problems it had to be replaced. The good news I received the replacement the next day.The bad news after numerous calls to Kindle cs told me the ONLY way to restore all my over 500 books and documents is one by one and I need to re add everything into collections.Setting my Kindle up took days.I have everything backed up but per cs my bookmarks and highights for 100s on books not purchased on Amazon might not be retrievable even though I backed EVERYTHING up. Well my big nightmare is how to tell what book was downloaded somewhere besides Amazon? There all called «Kindle Content» since dont want 100s of duplicate to remove one by one. Any help
is appreciated. Thanks
mypolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Do you use Calibre?
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
mypolar
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Do you use Calibre?
hi, yes and no. I used to use it for my Sony reader but for some reason it did not reconize my Kindle. But might have a solution. I'm going to open up my Kindle document backup folder and compare it with whats on my kindle now. But will try to fiqure out how to get my Kindle to work with Calibre that probably would have been helpful to restore my replacement.Thank you.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:28 AM   #4
Deja Moo
Enthusiast
Deja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipse

Device: PaperWhite
My calibre does not <i>automatically</i> recognize my Kindle. I have to connect them. Click the down-pointing caret next to 'Send to Device', select 'Connect to folder', and navigate to the document folder on the Kindle. After the first time, it's easier; calibre finds the right folder right off, but I still have to connect them.
Deja Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 12:30 AM   #5
Deja Moo
Enthusiast
Deja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipseDeja Moo can illuminate an eclipse

Device: PaperWhite
Dern! No HTML!
Deja Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
mypolar
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja Moo View Post
My calibre does not <i>automatically</i> recognize my Kindle. I have to connect them. Click the down-pointing caret next to 'Send to Device', select 'Connect to folder', and navigate to the document folder on the Kindle. After the first time, it's easier; calibre finds the right folder right off, but I still have to connect them.
Hi Deja Moo, thanks for your help. I did try what you suggested but dont see a folder optiong. Maybe I need to update my version of Calibre. I have version 06.55. Will keep trying since will be nice to use Calibre to organize my device.