Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-06-2017, 05:11 PM   #1456
masterz87
Connoisseur
masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.masterz87 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Compile with a higher optimization level for the rendering parts. That basic thing should make the thing better, that and maybe change the cpu scheduler from whatever it is now(proably conservative worse for perf than powersave) to ondemand so that it doesn't feel like I'm dealing with a device that's many decades old.
masterz87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 01:13 PM   #1457
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterz87 View Post
Compile with a higher optimization level for the rendering parts. That basic thing should make the thing better, that and maybe change the cpu scheduler from whatever it is now(proably conservative worse for perf than powersave) to ondemand so that it doesn't feel like I'm dealing with a device that's many decades old.
Which firmware are you complaining about? I've found that ePub performance is better with 4.3.8966.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2017, 04:48 PM   #1458
Allanon911
Allanon911 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Hi guys,
I wanna have the same function that I had on the kindle, called " arricchisci il tuo vocabolario" ( italian ), that I try to translate as " expand your dictionary ".
I find really usefull have all the searched words in one place.
Allanon911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 05:23 PM   #1459
patryk
patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Sharing annotations/quotes to Google+ and Twitter would be pretty cool feature.
patryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 09:36 PM   #1460
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanon911 View Post
Hi guys,
I wanna have the same function that I had on the kindle, called " arricchisci il tuo vocabolario" ( italian ), that I try to translate as " expand your dictionary ".
I find really usefull have all the searched words in one place.
Kobo seems to be adding this function. There is a new feature hidden in the firmware called "My Words". It is incomplete, and there is no way to know when Kobo will finish it. It can be enabled by adding the following entries to the config file:

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
MyWords=true
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2017, 04:00 AM   #1461
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patryk View Post
Sharing annotations/quotes to Google+ and Twitter would be pretty cool feature.
Nobody uses Google+.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:03 AM   #1462
patryk
patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.patryk has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Nobody uses Google+.
The fact that you don't use it, does not mean no one uses it. Same thing like with the pockets you're campaign against.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:26 AM   #1463
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by patryk View Post
The fact that you don't use it, does not mean no one uses it. Same thing like with the pockets you're campaign against.
It would be better with Facebook rather than Google+. Google+ is used far less. Besides, if you want to have Google+, might as well have MySpace.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:30 AM   #1464
patryk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It would be better with Facebook rather than Google+. Google+ is used far less. Besides, if you want to have Google+, might as well have MySpace.
Well yeah but this is feature request thread and posting to Facebook is already there.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:12 PM   #1465
vostro
Connoisseur
vostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityvostro has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Scribe,Elipsa,PWSE,FORMA,KOA2,KV,KA1, KAH2O, PW1-4, KA, AKT,
Request to add more dictionaries like kindle.
vostro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 05:51 PM   #1466
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
The Epub reader needs fallback font support. This works just fine in the Kepub reader. (Ie, if the reading font does not have a glyph for the character, the device should fall back to a font that does.)
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:49 AM   #1467
Allanon911

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Kobo seems to be adding this function. There is a new feature hidden in the firmware called "My Words". It is incomplete, and there is no way to know when Kobo will finish it. It can be enabled by adding the following entries to the config file:

Code:
[FeatureSettings]
MyWords=true

Damn incredible. Is this feature working? Or is just an hidden thing?
Old 04-14-2017, 09:46 AM   #1468
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allanon911 View Post
Damn incredible. Is this feature working? Or is just an hidden thing?
As I said, it is incomplete. Adding the entries to the config file enables it. It's not really something I'm interested in so I beyond enabling it and adding a word or two, I haven't used it much. It has been discussed here, so a search might find some details. But, I'd suggest trying and and seeing.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 04:37 AM   #1469
Allanon911

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As I said, it is incomplete. Adding the entries to the config file enables it. It's not really something I'm interested in so I beyond enabling it and adding a word or two, I haven't used it much. It has been discussed here, so a search might find some details. But, I'd suggest trying and and seeing.
Ok I found it, really thanks.

Last edited by Allanon911; 04-15-2017 at 04:42 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 01:36 PM   #1470
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Do people from kobo read stuff here ?

I de-dust my one, was happy to see that performance on manga reading had improved greatly

Now now, there is one thing that annoys me. I would like to read technical pdf with the kobo.
Said pdf have unused space because of margins, I would like to zoom. But, when changing page, it moves to top left. So I can't easily crop the margins. Please please please, an option for "center"
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo