Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-06-2007, 08:14 AM   #46
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
ipdf throttled/full screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwere View Post
I decided to give it a try on my own and modified an existing installation script to use the latest version of ipdf. It seems to have worked! I don't think that is enough to be called an iLiad developer, but there you have it.
Very well done. I enjoyed it very much.

Now I have the new firmware, but maybe I had better waited.
I guess the install doesnot work anymore.

If we know what iRex changed to the viewer, there could be a new installer with a new(?) ipdf.
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:02 AM   #47
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdg View Post
I guess the install doesnot work anymore.
Yepp, & this cheching firmware before installing is a useful thing, because jharker's last ipdf-0.29-RJenhanced-070523 with md5 e6d7c1a090aa07a7c74457d9a99672b3 is not compatible with 2.10. I have checked it, pdf viewer starts but you can't switch page or toggle on toolbar.
[EDIT:] patched ipdf written for 2.9.5 freezes iLiad. -> reset & reboot is needed. Please wait for a new patched ipdf.

Last edited by yokos; 06-07-2007 at 09:09 AM.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2007, 02:47 AM   #48
realityloop
Enthusiast
realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.realityloop has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I was wondering if there was anything that can be done about zooming, I find it really hard to accurately zoom for non toolbar mode.

The main issue seems to be that you need to enable the toolbar to set the zoom area, and when you zoom it's adding blank space to account for the toolbar being enabled, so when you disable the toolbar there's a blank section.

It'd be great if when you turned off the toolbar it redrew the area that was visible with the toolbar enabled as taking up whole screen.

Is this possible?

Am I the only one having this issue?
realityloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:25 AM   #49
Mambo
Gadget fan
Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.

Device: RM Tablet PC, iLiad, PRS 505, iPod Touch
ipdf updater

Full screen mode is freaking cool.

Jharker has updated the ipdf for 2.10, but I couldn't find an easy installer that does the update in a user-friendly way, so I was forced to create one based on the hard work of others before me.

I managed to do it so I thought I will share with others who need one.
SORRY if it already exists, I could not find it.

WARNING: I am not a linux expert and I am just a user. I don't take responsibility if you get unexpected results using this. I have tested the installer and it works on my iLiad back and forward.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ipdf_powersave_for_2.10.zip (79.8 KB, 1499 views)
Mambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2007, 08:53 AM   #50
templario
Connoisseur
templario began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Thanks Mambo, i wanted to do this as well. Just a question out of curiosity, where did you get the ipdf_irex (the binary ipdf) that is in the folder ipdf_powersave_for_2.10.zip.

Jose
templario is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2007, 09:43 AM   #51
Mambo
Gadget fan
Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.Mambo can teach chickens to fly.

Device: RM Tablet PC, iLiad, PRS 505, iPod Touch
From the /usr/bin folder of my iLiad. It's the iRex's latest binary.
Mambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:20 AM   #52
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Has anybody else tried scribbling?

It does not work correctly anymore on my iLiad with the throttling ipdf.
Old 06-17-2007, 06:42 AM   #53
rincewind
Connoisseur
rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by henkvdg View Post
It does not work correctly anymore on my iLiad with the throttling ipdf.
Works fine here, but be sure that you have the 2.10 version, the old one was broken after the last update.

/r
rincewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 11:13 AM   #54
danielday
danielday began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad ER100
This version of ipdf is fabulous! Thanks to all the developers who contributed.
I wonder if samzeitlin's suggestion for zooming is feasible:
http://forum.irexnet.com/viewtopic.p...199&highlight=

A caution, the quadrants should have some overlap so that lines aren't chopped and you can mentally 'connect' segments of diagrams.

Cheers,
DD
danielday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:59 PM   #55
henkvdg
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rincewind View Post
Works fine here, but be sure that you have the 2.10 version, the old one was broken after the last update.

/r
I am sure it did not work properly just after I installed it. But now it does. I am happy!
Old 08-18-2007, 06:30 AM   #56
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
is their an install script for 2.10.2?
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:16 AM   #57
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
here you go: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=25
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 07:22 AM   #58
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
cheers o/
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:01 AM   #59
Snas
Enthusiast
Snas began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad & N95
Has somebody already tried to open an interactive PDF document with iPDF ?
Snas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 07:30 AM   #60
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snas View Post
Has somebody already tried to open an interactive PDF document with iPDF ?
What is an interactive pdf? Internal hyperlinks are working, ipdf has got no java script or so.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote