Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #1
MimiZeGreat
MimiZeGreat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
A eReader for Mobi prc Dictionay

Hi to everyone !

I currently use a Sony PRS 600 for my English book. As you know, it comes with a built-in English dictionary which is quite usefull for me (my mothertong is French).

For my German books, I have been using my Acer PC, since with the Mobipocket Reader installed, I can call and consult my German (Pons) dictionary by clicking on a word in the text.

Now, I would really like to have a touchscreen eBook Reader which could do the same thing as my Acer PC, thus using my mobi german dictionary from within the text. I did some research, but with no satisfying result.

I do welcome your enlighted suggestions.

Thanks,

Michel
MimiZeGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:28 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The only touchscreen reader I'm aware of which supports Mobi dictionaries is the iRex DR1000S. If you can get away without the touchscreen, the Bookeen devices (Gen3 and Opus) have very good Mobi support.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:19 AM   #3
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
And perhaps, if you can wait a couple of months, you can see if the new Booken device with touchscreen can use the Mobipocket FW, so you can have the two things.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:30 PM   #4
MimiZeGreat
MimiZeGreat began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
Thanks to both of you, Harry and Terisa. Given the high price of the iRex 1000S, I think I shall wait for the Booken device with touchscreen. On the other hand, there should be an alternative with the coming sleek PC Tablets pointing in the horizon. It's not eInk, but should be quite portable.

Best regards,

Michel
MimiZeGreat is offline   Reply With Quote