Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-10-2014, 09:27 PM   #1
michael36
michael36 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre isn't importing my collections

I have a Kindle Paperwhite, 5.4.2.1. and Calibre 1.31. I'm not sure if this is a Calibre issue or Kindle issue, but I'm starting in the Kindle thread because it is a Kindle specific problem.

I followed this guide to jailbreak my Kindle, and then tried this guide to use the Calibre collection manager plug-in.

When I did the jailbreak, I got the message that it had worked. I don't know of any way to test this or not, though. When I followed the directions for the Kindle Collection manager plug-in, Calibre can't find any collections on my Kindle. It does give me 18 warning messages, all of which are "Failed to get time of file" on 18 different books. No collections get imported.

Any suggestions on what I might need to do to get it working? Should I try the jailbreak again?

Please let me know if I need to post this in the Calibre thread instead.

Thank you.
michael36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 w/SO
maybe restart KPW?
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:48 PM   #3
michael36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
maybe restart KPW?
This was one of the first things I did, but I just rebooted to make sure, and the issue is still there.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:49 PM   #4
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf
Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Glorfindel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

did you restart calibre as well?
Old 04-10-2014, 09:51 PM   #5
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

and yeah, you should probably post this in the calibre thread too
Old 04-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #6
michael36

Quote:
did you restart calibre as well?
Yep, multiple times. I'm cross-posting it to the calibre thread as well.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:17 PM   #7
Glorfindel
Force-Aware Elf

ok good cuz I'm running out of ideas
Old 04-11-2014, 08:19 AM   #8
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael36 View Post
You should read the 'Posting Guidlines'.

Quote:
3. Duplication

Do not post the same discussion in more than one forum. Try to pick the most relevant forum for your post.

If it's been a few days since the last comment in your thread and you haven't received a suitable answer to your question, you may bump your thread by commenting in it. You must not ask the same question in a new thread in the same forum.

If you receive no replies, and you think you may have chosen the wrong forum, report your post and ask the moderators to move it to the right forum.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 10:06 AM   #9
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
and yeah, you should probably post this in the calibre thread too
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael36 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella View Post
You should read the 'Posting Guidlines'.
Quote:
3. Duplication

Do not post the same discussion in more than one forum. Try to pick the most relevant forum for your post.

If it's been a few days since the last comment in your thread and you haven't received a suitable answer to your question, you may bump your thread by commenting in it. You must not ask the same question in a new thread in the same forum.

If you receive no replies, and you think you may have chosen the wrong forum, report your post and ask the moderators to move it to the right forum.
What Gazella said. I've deleted the duplicate thread in Calibre and replaced it with this one. There is no longer a thread on this subject in the Kindle forums.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collection manager, collection plug-in