Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #136
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
[QUOTE=rgeorg;2362787]
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post

Happy New Year!
Good news is that I finally decided to discuss buying a KFHD with my husband and he agreed that buying a KFHD for home use is a good idea. We decided on the (16GB)7" because when all is said and done, I will basically use it as an ereader and the 7" form factor is best for novels IMO. I'll try to save money on a cheaper cover although I think that I should get the fast charger as well. (Side question: have you ever tried to use a wallpaper app on your kindle? - a friend's daughter asked me this one, I'm not really interested - I'd guess that it wouldn't work as it would interfere with the ads?)

I read your comments about audible/task killing and battery monitor - that should help. Some apps are just really good and it saves time to hear what other people with similar taste use. I want to try Audible's free book offer, and I'll do it on the SGP5.

So, I guess that's it for now. Can't wait to see my goodies next week. It'll be a busy time setting up 3 devices (SGP5, KFHD and my parents iPad). The iPad seems like the biggest challenge because the closed nature of the system doesn't facilitate side-loading. My (step)father is in his late-80s and it may be difficult for him to use.

I should also test the Sansa Clip Zip out (have to remember to bring media on a mSD!). Have to see what I can do with Dropbox. Lots to do....but it is great fun!

I've had my Bernina "Bernette" serger for over 20 years now, and I bought it (slightly) used. I have sewn lots of jersey/ stretch and used it daily for many years. I just can't justify replacing it when it continues to work well. Not like techie stuff ) Nothing short of amazing! My Bernina sewing machine did have a small problem. I cannot get Bernina service here so I replaced it with a local (well, German Pfaff) brand in case I needed service. Will probably do the same thing when the serger needs replacement. I have actually started sewing a top this week!
Well do you get your electronic toys yet?
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #137
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Hi!
Yes, finaly playing with all new toys!
Using the kfhd right now, and the sgp5 is greagt too! Tried the camera and is decent. Skype worked also. Couldn't figure out FB wall, how to get there. But only had a moment, will play more later.
I have to learn to type better.
Will download and play as much as possible in nxt 2 weeks.
Questions to follow for sure. Although I need lots of family time too!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #138
new
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Hi!
Yes, finaly playing with all new toys!
Using the kfhd right now, and the sgp5 is greagt too! Tried the camera and is decent. Skype worked also. Couldn't figure out FB wall, how to get there. But only had a moment, will play more later.
I have to learn to type better.
Will download and play as much as possible in nxt 2 weeks.
Questions to follow for sure. Although I need lots of family time too!
FB Wall? What is that? If it is Skype I have no clue.

I love the SGP5 battery life. Enjoy your family as well.

Keep us posted.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:15 AM   #139
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Player is super. Yes, am using Skype often to video chat with family in Greece. Works perfectly, amazing. Tried a quick read with cool reader and was ok, will play with other readers. Am using new kindle fire hd also a lot, is better for typing messages. Amazon gave me a free month of prime, so I can relax with a movie when jetlag wakes me up at 5am. Both devices fantastic, am very pleased with purchases.
I loaded a memory card with media for the Player plus loaded cloud sites, so have lots to look at. Am installing the apps that you and Blossom recommended. I find the entire technology mind-boggling!
Old 01-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #140
new

Quote:
Player is super. Yes, am using Skype often to video chat with family in Greece. Works perfectly, amazing. Tried a quick read with cool reader and was ok, will play with other readers. Am using new kindle fire hd also a lot, is better for typing messages. Amazon gave me a free month of prime, so I can relax with a movie when jetlag wakes me up at 5am. Both devices fantastic, am very pleased with purchases.
I loaded a memory card with media for the Player plus loaded cloud sites, so have lots to look at. Am installing the apps that you and Blossom recommended. I find the entire technology mind-boggling!
Did you end up with the 7" or 8.9" KFHD?

Glad you like them. I find when I switch back and forth between the SGP5 and the KFHD I am looking for the doohicky (for back) on the SGP5 instead of the KFHD. Mind boggling indeed.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:00 PM   #141
rgeorg
Guru

Hi again, seem to reply to you in a few topics. The SGP5 is surprisingly useful. I haven't had much experience yet. One problem I have is that I need to move apps from the applications menus to the home menus. I'll probably backup and uninstall most of the apps so it doesn't much matter. Using Skype for intl calls is my killer app. SGP5 is small enough to hold like a phone so is easy to use when out of house but in wifi range. Haven't used much else yet. Just installed Kindle app and Amazon app store on it.
Have made good progress on my parents iPad though. Now my uncle wants me to setup some tablet for him. Almost humerous, I should go into business!
Old 01-16-2013, 07:12 PM   #142
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
. One problem I have is that I need to move apps from the applications menus to the home menus. I'll probably backup and uninstall most of the apps so it doesn't much matter. Using Skype for intl calls is my killer app. SGP5 is small enough to hold like a phone so is easy to use when out of house but in wifi range. Haven't used much else yet. Just installed Kindle app and Amazon app store on it.
Just long press on app icon while in the app drawer and it will add a shortcut on your home screen.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #143
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Just long press on app icon while in the app drawer and it will add a shortcut on your home screen.
I keep forgetting to ask how to move an app to the bottom part of the home screen. Forget what it is called. But I haven't been able to figure out how.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #144
new

Quote:
Hi again, seem to reply to you in a few topics. The SGP5 is surprisingly useful. I haven't had much experience yet. One problem I have is that I need to move apps from the applications menus to the home menus. I'll probably backup and uninstall most of the apps so it doesn't much matter. Using Skype for intl calls is my killer app. SGP5 is small enough to hold like a phone so is easy to use when out of house but in wifi range. Haven't used much else yet. Just installed Kindle app and Amazon app store on it.
Have made good progress on my parents iPad though. Now my uncle wants me to setup some tablet for him. Almost humerous, I should go into business!
Yeah once someone finds out you have some geek wisdom you will now always be asked to fix it for them. I do that here too (ask questions non-stop).

Yes the SGP5 is a good size, Talkatone and Google Voice works like a phone too.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #145
rgeorg
Guru

Thanks, worked well. Now to find out what happens when I fill the 4 app screens...
Old 01-17-2013, 01:42 AM   #146
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I keep forgetting to ask how to move an app to the bottom part of the home screen. Forget what it is called. But I haven't been able to figure out how.
app drawer --> menu --> edit --> find app --> drag to position desired --> menu --> save --> home
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #147
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
app drawer --> menu --> edit --> find app --> drag to position desired --> menu --> save --> home
Where is App drawer?
Old 01-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #148
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Where is App drawer?
Lower right corner. It's the blue icon with 4 white squares and labeled Applications.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:04 PM   #149
new

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Lower right corner. It's the blue icon with 4 white squares and labeled Applications.
Yeah, that is what I tried, and it doesn't work.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:07 PM   #150
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Yeah, that is what I tried, and it doesn't work.
When you open the app drawer and hit the menu button, what pops up?