Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-02-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Aussie Device Update after Factory Reset

I finally did a factory reset of my Aussie Touch, which had gone through the 2.0.0, 2.0.4, 2.1.4/2.1.5 update path. I wanted to see what version of the software was considered the factory reset version.

Well, 1.9.11 is still the factory reset version, but it updated directly from that to 2.1.5. So it looks like Kobo has permanently fixed whatever it was that ailed the Aussie Touches. I haven't tried to sideload any of the past versions of the firmware that caused the Aussie devices so much grief. That experiment will have to wait until I have some more time.

After the update to 2.1.5, in reloading my sideloaded books, I discovered that pulling the SD card, while still connected to USB (and connected to Windows) is considered a disconnect event. So, the device disconnected from Windows and processed the books, while still plugged into the USB.

I also found a new bug. When you go through the library, marking a book as 'Mark as Finished', the 'Page X of Y' popup pops up to announce what page of the library you are on, after each time you mark a book as read.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote