Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
CandyDane
Enthusiast
CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad 4
Download Kindle Books to 2nd iPad

I have a lot of books in my Kindle account that I want to download to my husband's iPad.

Can this be done and, if so, how?

Thanks.

I have the Kindle app on both iPads.
CandyDane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #2
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
You just have to register both kindle apps to the same account, I suppose. I have my kindle books on Mac, iPhone and iPad. Of course, if your husband has his own account with books he wants to keep, you will have a problem. I don't know if there is a limit to how many times you can change the account linked to the app.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:01 AM   #3
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
You just have to register both kindle apps to the same account, I suppose. I have my kindle books on Mac, iPhone and iPad. Of course, if your husband has his own account with books he wants to keep, you will have a problem. I don't know if there is a limit to how many times you can change the account linked to the app.
If there is, it is a high limit, I have flipped back and forth dozens of times.
When you change, it will warn you that books on the previous account won't be readable, but this doesn't seem to be true, you can read them fine, just not sync new ones until you switch back.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
CandyDane
Enthusiast
CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.CandyDane has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks.

What happens when one of us finishes a book that is on both iPads? Can I delete it on only my iPad or will it be deleted in my Kindle account and also on my husband's iPad?
Old 07-09-2012, 11:21 AM   #5
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you delete a book from your iPad, it stays in the cloud and you can always retrieve it from there. I don't think deleting a book on one device has any impact on the others.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyDane View Post
Thanks.

What happens when one of us finishes a book that is on both iPads? Can I delete it on only my iPad or will it be deleted in my Kindle account and also on my husband's iPad?
You can remove it from either/both iPads and it will move to your archived items where you can re-download later if you want to. The only way it would be removed from your account is if you deleted it on purpose from your Manage Your Kindle page on the Amazon website.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #7
CandyDane
Enthusiast

Thanks for the help!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #8
Delotte231
Connoisseur
Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
You can remove it from either/both iPads and it will move to your archived items where you can re-download later if you want to. The only way it would be removed from your account is if you deleted it on purpose from your Manage Your Kindle page on the Amazon website.
I find that feature rather useless. I mean, why remove something you bought right? I guess it would be very situational, but most of the time useless, and may even lead to unwanted permanent deletions.
Delotte231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #9
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delotte231 View Post
I find that feature rather useless. I mean, why remove something you bought right? I guess it would be very situational, but most of the time useless, and may even lead to unwanted permanent deletions.
You might want to delete a free sample, if you bought the full book later. Or if you just hated the sample.
Old 07-11-2012, 11:54 AM   #10
Delotte231
Connoisseur
Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: None
Oh, I never thought of that. Sorry. I usually use the "click to look inside" feature before buying. So I don't really have any samples.
Delotte231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:51 PM   #11
CandyDane
Enthusiast

I've also deleted many "free" books before I've even finish reading them.

Not worth reading - bad formatting/typos, poor grammar/spelling, stupid plot, or just non-existant writer skills.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:48 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
You might want to delete a free sample, if you bought the full book later. Or if you just hated the sample.
I don't believe that samples go into the Archive, do they? They're just downloaded to the Kindle directly.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:11 AM   #13
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I don't believe that samples go into the Archive, do they? They're just downloaded to the Kindle directly.
I just had a look at my archive, and at least one of the books there seems to be a sample. I do think they end up in the archive.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:16 AM   #14
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
I just had a look at my archive, and at least one of the books there seems to be a sample. I do think they end up in the archive.
How very curious. I've checked my Archive, and I definitely don't have any samples in mine . I wonder if Amazon UK does things differently?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:30 AM   #15
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Hm, maybe you're right after all. Not sure what that book is really, since I've never read it. And I think that other samples I remember downloading (but not reading either) are missing in the archive.