Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 03-22-2019, 05:30 PM   #1
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Removing previous Find/Replace choices

I have in the book editor a lot of previous used choices for find/replace. Most of them are book specific and I would like to clean out that drop down menu. Is there a way of "picking and choosing" which items to keep? If not, is there a way to clear it completely?

While I'm here, is there a way of removing additional restrictions in the virtual library editor in the main gui?

There are a few restrictions that I would like to clear out, but I can't seem to be able to edit them. It seems that only virtual libraries can be edited but additional restrictions are left alone.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 05:40 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
I have in the book editor a lot of previous used choices for find/replace. Most of them are book specific and I would like to clean out that drop down menu. Is there a way of "picking and choosing" which items to keep? If not, is there a way to clear it completely?

While I'm here, is there a way of removing additional restrictions in the virtual library editor in the main gui?

There are a few restrictions that I would like to clear out, but I can't seem to be able to edit them. It seems that only virtual libraries can be edited but additional restrictions are left alone.
The Tag browser: Searches allows edits and removals (Delete)
(All my V/L's are built from Saved Searches)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2019, 06:18 PM   #3
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Ubuntu, Jutoh,Kobo Forma
To delete the automatically saved search data in the editor, with the search dialogue active, just right-click in the find or replace field. One of your choices will be to clear the data.

This is stored in a file somewhere. I found it once, and you can edit it, but it is such a pain I never went back to doing that; much easier just to start over.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:45 PM   #4
Rellwood
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredbiker View Post
To delete the automatically saved search data in the editor, with the search dialogue active, just right-click in the find or replace field. One of your choices will be to clear the data.

This is stored in a file somewhere. I found it once, and you can edit it, but it is such a pain I never went back to doing that; much easier just to start over.
It seems you have to already save the search before removing it. I guess what I could do is go through the list of completions based on search history list, save which ones I want, then clear out the list in total.

Thanks!
Old 03-22-2019, 06:48 PM   #5
Rellwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The Tag browser: Searches allows edits and removals (Delete)
(All my V/L's are built from Saved Searches)

Sweet! I keep forgetting about those little out of the way functions that are so useful but easy to forget they are there because of their location. I wonder how many overlooked or unknown Calibre settings and options I don't know are available because I never saw them ;-) I use the new releases "what's new" to find the new stuff.
Advert