Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-15-2016, 01:12 PM   #1
jjokocha
jjokocha began at the beginning.

Device: pw3
Is there a jail break for 5.7.2.1?

hi guys does any one know when a new jailbreak gonna be released ????:chinsc ratch:
jjokocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 01:26 PM   #2
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjokocha View Post
hi guys does any one know when a new jailbreak gonna be released ????:chinsc ratch:
Since the security hole that allowed the 5.6.5 jailbreak to work was closed there is no way to know how long it will take for another hole to be found that can be used for such a purpose. It is more likely that someone will find a way to downgrade back to 5.6.5 to allow that jailbreak to be used before such a hole is found. So if you have the ability to help those who are looking for a way to downgrade I suggest you offer to help in that thread.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-15-2016, 01:47 PM   #3
jjokocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
Since the security hole that allowed the 5.6.5 jailbreak to work was closed there is no way to know how long it will take for another hole to be found that can be used for such a purpose. It is more likely that someone will find a way to downgrade back to 5.6.5 to allow that jailbreak to be used before such a hole is found. So if you have the ability to help those who are looking for a way to downgrade I suggest you offer to help in that thread.

Dave
if new jailbreak isnt going to be released very soon . so downgrade is the best option but i used every possible way but i dint work out . so when a downgrade is going to be released???
Old 03-15-2016, 01:53 PM   #4
jjokocha

i am willing to help and work on downgrade . i am free for two weeks so am ready to help and work with developers
Old 03-15-2016, 02:03 PM   #5
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
i am willing to help and work on downgrade . i am free for two weeks so am ready to help and work with developers
In that case I would suggest you post to this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=270567

Be sure to let them know what skills and resources you can bring to the task. Please also keep in mind that everyone here is working as an unpaid volunteer as they have time available. So unless you are independently wealthy and ready to pay them for their time this is likely to take some time to accomplish.

Dave

Last edited by dhdurgee; 03-15-2016 at 02:04 PM. Reason: fix URL
Advert
Old 03-15-2016, 02:31 PM   #6
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
In that case I would suggest you post to this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=270567
That thread's closed.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 02:45 PM   #7
dhdurgee
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
That thread's closed.
Opps! Didn't realize that. Perhaps in that case look through the thread and PM the developer in charge to offer your services.

Dave
Old 03-15-2016, 03:05 PM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Opps! Didn't realize that. Perhaps in that case look through the thread and PM the developer in charge to offer your services.

Dave
As mentioned in the first post of the thread, the information to be captured while the update runs requires a serial port connection.

But anyone with a serial port connection can already use the recovery menu to downgrade their device.

The people contacting me so far do not have a serial port connection.
Which just means that if the factory update breaks their device, we will not know why or how it happened.
If the factory update is successful, we will not learn if we can make one our self.

We did have one person try the package for the KV -
And it trashed the device.
No clue why or how.

I do have two of the 7th gen devices, but . . . .
I am currently swamped with things to do - with very little hobby time left over.
A couple hours a day in answering questions while I do other things at my desk is about all I have available.

It is just the way "life" for me is at this time.

Last edited by knc1; 03-15-2016 at 03:11 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:32 PM   #9
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Fixed the thread title, because it sounded too similar to "I have found a jailbreak, come look", rather than the intent of the thread which was... well, the new thread title.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:04 AM   #10
jjokocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Fixed the thread title, because it sounded too similar to "I have found a jailbreak, come look", rather than the intent of the thread which was... well, the new thread title.
we could change the title to volunteer for working on downgrade and volunteer for working on the new jailbreak which one sound better??
Old 03-16-2016, 02:05 AM   #11
jjokocha

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
As mentioned in the first post of the thread, the information to be captured while the update runs requires a serial port connection.

But anyone with a serial port connection can already use the recovery menu to downgrade their device.

The people contacting me so far do not have a serial port connection.
Which just means that if the factory update breaks their device, we will not know why or how it happened.
If the factory update is successful, we will not learn if we can make one our self.

We did have one person try the package for the KV -
And it trashed the device.
No clue why or how.

I do have two of the 7th gen devices, but . . . .
I am currently swamped with things to do - with very little hobby time left over.
A couple hours a day in answering questions while I do other things at my desk is about all I have available.

It is just the way "life" for me is at this time.
what is this serial port connection exactly??
Old 03-16-2016, 02:12 AM   #12
jjokocha

i have another plan. lets all go to amazon site. and send an email and ask them we want to downgrade our device we dont like the new update and it is our legal right to downgrade our device so amazon should release a downgrade . i already did that so i suggest u do the same if u wanted to
Old 03-16-2016, 02:13 AM   #13
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
what is this serial port connection exactly??
See the sticky thread "Serial Jailbreaking your fw 5.6.x Kindle for Dummies".
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 02:50 AM   #14
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
we could change the title to volunteer for working on downgrade and volunteer for working on the new jailbreak which one sound better??
The "HowTo" recover the initial factory installation package from a **brand new** (as in, never powered on) Kindle is written up here at least twice.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote