Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-07-2019, 09:17 AM   #1
ArthurianLegends
Connoisseur
ArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle Touch (4rth Gen)
Need Advice regarding new Oasis & Amazon Trade-In

My wife wants to get me the new Oasis that is coming out, as it is being released right around my birthday. Although I prefer to get a new kindle after it has gone through a few production cycles, she insists, and so if I do go for it, I would like to go for the 32 G (for audiobooks) and was wondering how the trade in actually works (perhaps someone has done it here before).

If I understand it correctly, you ship the old devices—in my case, I have a Voyage, and Keyboard in perfect condition, which adds up to 55 dollars. This does not seem like much for devices I still use, so I'm in a bit of a quandary.

Is there anything else, I'm missing on the Amazon trade-in deal that makes it more worth the effort, or should I keep these devices which I still use quite religiously —specially the Voyage.

The Voyage has a smaller form factor which might still be quite useful for portability, but if the Oasis proves to be not that much of a difference then I wonder if I will need the Voyage anymore. So I do need some advice as whether I should trade or keep.

Thanks so much.
ArthurianLegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 10:53 AM   #2
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
Since the 25% offer won't be stacked, keep one of the kindles (Voyage) for backup and trade in the other one. I really liked having more than one unit - one goes in my bag so that it's there when I have unexpected waiting time at an appointment or an unplanned ER visit. I'm also more anxious to be without as I can no longer read most text in magazines, newspapers, etc. I need larger text now. I AM tempted to get the new Oasis due to the larger screen, but I need a new Itouch first. Only so much money.

Last edited by Tarana; 07-07-2019 at 11:09 AM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:07 AM   #3
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quite a few people that traded in their Voyage for a 7" Oasis wish they had kept the Voyage. Since the Voyage has been discontinued, a number of Voyage users have been buying another Voyage as a backup.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 01:33 PM   #4
ArthurianLegends
Connoisseur
ArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenArthurianLegends has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle Touch (4rth Gen)
Thanks, I think I'll keep the Voyage; I did not know about the 25%: I only saw the part about selling the older kindle models. Thanks again.
ArthurianLegends is offline   Reply With Quote