Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #646
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Here's a proposal for KUAL 0.4.1: nice-looking buttons for older devices
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #647
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
hero worship going on here.

TYVM!
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2013, 01:56 AM   #648
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Quote:
OK, looking at your code right now. Fyi, a few weeks ago I forked the project temporarily to work on KUAL 2 changes and added a NORTH button for the menu dive-in trail. Hastily looking at your commit it seems that you added a NORTH gap component. Will that prevent adding my NORTH button? Anyway, today I'm going to manually merge your changes into my code base and push it to my forked project so you can have a look - we'll take it from there. Thanks.
P.S. I'm a totally blind driver on older devices - I only have a KT - so I depend on you/others to tell me what GUI updates really do/look when they run on K3/K4/DX

Last edited by stepk; 04-04-2013 at 01:59 AM.
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:52 AM   #649
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll build it, run it, screenie it. Just say the word.

Like "this" close to meeting our Paperwhite / Kindle 3 targets also.
I will make a phone call today about getting you a lower device in full working order.

DX, 3, 4 Screenshots happy to provide in the meantime
Old 04-04-2013, 02:56 AM   #650
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I'll build it, run it, screenie it. Just say the word.

Like "this" close to meeting our Paperwhite / Kindle 3 targets also.
I will make a phone call today about getting you a lower device in full working order.

DX, 3, 4 Screenshots happy to provide in the meantime
I'm building it in my fork as we speak. Hold on...

update: builds fine, looks fine and dandy on KT, nice job ixtab!
twobob, I'm going to upload this build to knetconnect RSN so you can take screenies on K3...

done: PM'd you the link

Last edited by stepk; 04-04-2013 at 03:24 AM.
Advert
Old 04-04-2013, 04:21 AM   #651
twobob

on the 3...

Aside from the [?] (which is kinda cute)

LOOKS AWESSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOME....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_365.png
Views:	220
Size:	11.8 KB
ID:	103902  
Old 04-04-2013, 04:25 AM   #652
twobob

One request. Need to make the "middle-est" button selected on the lower devices.
I know I mentioned it but it really is confuzzling. Having checked again now it is a combination of needing to press Up or Left or Right to get the menu items re-selected once "drilled down".

Perhaps I can get MY head around the changes required. Will have a looksie.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:49 AM   #653
twobob

Or not... I don't see a push stepk?. Let me know if you get a chance to push it.

meantime... I'll check in Ixtabs commit and see if I can figure out the [?]'s
Old 04-04-2013, 04:51 AM   #654
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
Hastily looking at your commit it seems that you added a NORTH gap component. Will that prevent adding my NORTH button?
You probably already figured it out, but anyway: just add it to the main Component, instead of root.

Quote:
on the 3...

Aside from the [?] (which is kinda cute)

LOOKS AWESSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOME....
Hmmm... that's weird. It doesn't happen on any of my devices. Are you using a custom font or something? And how come you have a search bar while I don't? (I'm using a "Kubrick'ed" K3, so that should be FW 3.4.0). In any case, it's particularly puzzling for the back/forward buttons, because they only use "<" and ">", not any fancy Unicode character. Do you also see the problem if paint(Graphics) isn't overridden in KualButton? i.e.:
Code:
public void paint(Graphics g) {
    super.paint(g);
}
Quote:
One request. Need to make the "middle-est" button selected on the lower devices.
I know I mentioned it but it really is confuzzling. Having checked again now it is a combination of needing to press Up or Left or Right to get the menu items re-selected once "drilled down".

Perhaps I can get MY head around the changes required. Will have a looksie.
I actually tried to do something like this, but didn't succeed so far. Will keep thinking...

Last edited by ixtab; 04-04-2013 at 05:02 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:03 AM   #655
twobob

Quote:

Hmmm... that's weird. It doesn't happen on any of my devices. Are you using a custom font or something? And how come you have a search bar while I don't? (I'm using a "Kubrick'ed" K3, so that should be FW 3.4.0).
Search bar? The thingy at the bottom? That's stepk's newest status readout. Build linky sent your way.

Hmm custom font. I dont think so... The screenies from the k3 "above" a few posts are the same device and the < > ^ v was working then.

Perhaps something died in the pull... Far as I can tell there are only two lines in the commit that pertain to that.

Mind double checking on your 3 at some point? Will test on another 3.
Gonna test on the 4 now...

Quote:
I actually tried to do something like this, but didn't succeed so far. Will keep thinking...
Ah... Righto then. It is a bit "non-obvious"

: ) thanks for all your help on this. Was fearing that Paint method!

I have added comments above in bold. italics

Last edited by twobob; 04-04-2013 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Huggly quoting
Old 04-04-2013, 05:14 AM   #656
twobob

I tried hunting around for how stepk was rendering out the > < ^ v - couldn't find it...

perhaps he didn't push that yet.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:25 AM   #657
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
I tried hunting around for how stepk was rendering out the > < ^ v - couldn't find it...

perhaps he didn't push that yet.
Just decompile the class using jad

Code:
        nextPageButton = getUI().newButton("  \u25B6  ", this);
        prevPageButton = getUI().newButton("  \u25C0  ", this);
        prevLevelButton = getUI().newButton("\u25B2", this);
Anyway, I reproduced the Unicode problem. Amazon's implementation actually uses two different fonts for drawing the text... - just take a look at the com.amazon.ebook.util.unicode.m.drawChars() method (3.4.0 FW).
Old 04-04-2013, 05:55 AM   #658
twobob

Doh! obvious. Not awake yet!

Nice one : )
Old 04-04-2013, 07:22 AM   #659
stepk
Groupie

ixtab, you've figured it out already, the screenies are from KUAL 0.5 pre-release, with your 0.4.1 changed merged in manually. I haven't had time to push the code yet, I'm going to RSN.

ixtab, the new buttons look GREAT on the lower devices. No more fat bubblegums on the K3/K4/DX. I think people will appreciate that - the way it looks matters!
Old 04-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #660
ixtab
(offline)

I just committed Unicode support for KualButton. Tested and working on K3 and K4 (K5 isn't affected anyway).

Please do push your changes to the repository... right now, we're working on two different versions, which complicates things. In particular, I can't look at the "focus middle option" if I don't have access to the Sub-menu handling code
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-14618.gif
Views:	216
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	103907   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-14622.gif
Views:	208
Size:	16.4 KB
ID:	103908  

Last edited by ixtab; 04-04-2013 at 07:45 AM.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified