Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 06:44 AM   #1
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Sony reader froze on a page. Can anyone advise?

Problem now solved with reset, but I'll leave this up in case anyone else needs to be advised to use the reset hole at the bottom and/or read the MANUAL.

I was reading library epub book on my Sony PRS-350 two hours ago. Then it froze on a page and I could not turn pages forward or backward. It shows the dash in the circle next to the battery meter on the lower right corner. Battery meter looks like a full charge.

I can't do anything with it. It's still on that page with text, I can't go to the home page or put it to sleep. It doesn't go to sleep by itself. I hooked it up to the computer as if charging, but it's not charging but is stuck on the page of text. The computer doesn't recognize it; neither ADE nor Calibre recognize it. In the My Computer drive, it showed only as a drive that could not be opened. I've since ejected it from the computer safely, but it is still on the same page of text.

Isn't there a way to restart it? I tried holding the power button over for 30 seconds, but nothing changed.

Help, please! and thanks.

Last edited by mlewis78; 12-27-2010 at 06:55 AM. Reason: problem solved
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:54 AM   #2
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Think it's OK -- stuck pin in reset button on bottom of reader

I just looked at the Sony user manual and noticed the reset button on the bottom next to the USB port. Working now and I'm about to top off the charge.

Sorry for my panic and for not looking at the sticky thread about this or the manual before posting.
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 06:57 AM   #3
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
First Hard RESET, then power button.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:22 AM   #4
mlewis78
Guru

I must have done a soft reset, because my books are still in there.