Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-28-2019, 08:59 PM   #1
mattcurtis
Book Lover, Dev of Hyphen
mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mattcurtis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone (Hyphen)
Exclamation Reading PDFs and comics on your iPhone or iPad: what's missing?

Hi all!

I'm currently developing an ePub, PDF and comic (CBR/CBZ) reader for iOS. Right now, I'm trying to gather more information about how people read these formats on iOS (specifically PDFs and comics) and I'd really appreciate your help!

If you regularly read PDFs or comics, what I'd essentially like to know is:

What's missing? What do you find most annoying?

PDFs and comics are formats notorious for their low readability on small screens, due largely to the fact that their fixed layouts demand that they be scaled down in order to fit fully on screen. Detail in images is lost, text can be too tiny and hard to read. What are the biggest obstacles you've had to face while reading either format? How are you getting around those obstacles? How do current solutions fall short?

Here's an example template you can use (though feel free to reply however you like!):

Quote:
I usually (read/don't read) (format) on my (device) because...

In the past, I've preferred to read (format) by...

I'd enjoy reading (format) more if I...

Typically, I prefer to move between different parts of a (format) by...

I'd enjoy moving between different parts of a (format) more if I...
Thanks!

Last edited by mattcurtis; 10-29-2019 at 10:52 PM.
mattcurtis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cbr, cbz, comics, ios, pdfs