Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-30-2017, 02:49 AM   #1
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Add image as separate page

Almost a year ago Rubeus removed his plugins. One of them, AddImgasSVG, enabled you to select an image and it would create an HTML page with that image wrapped in an SVG wrapper. You could also, up to a certain point, determine where that page would end up.

I used that plugin quite a lot, but now I have lost it due to a computer crash. Is anyone interested in creating a new version of that functionality? I am not good enough with Python as it is and creating a GUI in Python is even more out of my league.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 03:08 PM   #2
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

Device: Sony
Hi,

I began work on a similar plugin some time ago but when AddImgasSVG became available I stopped work on it. I am attaching my plugin, however, this was in the middle of being developed and does not have all the functionality of AddImgasSVG.

Essentially, the file image that is to be put in a SVG wrapper needs to be loaded into your ePub book as an image file before the plugin is run as this does not have the facility to load a file from the hard drive.

Run the plugin and you will see a list of names of the image files that are in your ePub file. If you click on one of these the image will appear in the right hand pane. To insert the selected image in your ePub with a SVG wrapper, click OK.

The image will be inserted in a new page with a SVG wrapper around it.

Unlike, AddImgasSVG , this plugin does not enable you to select the location of the xhtml file that is created, so you will have to move it manually.

I hope this helps. If I get time I will add more functionality to it, but at the moment that is not very likely...

EDIT
I have removed this plugin as I have produced a more advanced version and placed it in the first post of the following thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283333

Last edited by CalibUser; 02-11-2017 at 03:56 PM.
CalibUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2017, 04:30 PM   #3
bravosx
Connoisseur
bravosx began at the beginning.

Device: Prestigio PER3464B, Onyx Lynx, Lenovo S5000 i Tab4-8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
Almost a year ago Rubeus removed his plugins. One of them, AddImgasSVG, enabled you to select an image and it would create an HTML page with that image wrapped in an SVG wrapper. You could also, up to a certain point, determine where that page would end up.

I used that plugin quite a lot, but now I have lost it due to a computer crash. Is anyone interested in creating a new version of that functionality? I am not good enough with Python as it is and creating a GUI in Python is even more out of my league.
Do you mean about this plugin?

Moderator Notice
attachment deleted

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-30-2017 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Attachment deleted by moderator
bravosx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:18 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Rubeus deleted his own plugins before leaving the site. Unless someone can prove to me that his code was released under GPL, MIT or other licensing terms allowing free use and/or distribution, I'd rather not republish his code here without his permission. You're free to keep using it for your own personal use if you like, but it won't be hosted here verbatim. A new plugin based on his concepts is fine.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-30-2017 at 05:26 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:04 PM   #5
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

Device: Sony
Hi,

I have produced a plugin that has similar functionality to AddImgasSVG.

I have posted this in a new thread at:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...26#post3470926
CalibUser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert