Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-20-2019, 02:36 PM   #346
Terrymonkey
Terrymonkey began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks for your advice. I tried just adding .zip to the filename, but then neither winzip or the native extractor in win 10 saw it as a zip file. Besides, properties still said it was an oxt file. I tried to open the file in an text editor so I could save it as a zip file, like it said on google. Must be doing something really stupid.
Please advise.
Robin
Terrymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 11:36 AM   #347
Terrymonkey

Thanks connoiseur. I must be being stupid. I have win10 and can't seem to rename the file and then extract it. I have renamed just by changing the filename, but neither the built in extractor in file explorer nor win zip extract anything. please advise
Old 03-21-2019, 12:44 PM   #348
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Maybe open a command prompt, navigate to the directory (cd <directory name>) and then rename the file (ren <oxt file> <zip file>)
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 03:51 AM   #349
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrymonkey View Post
Thanks connoiseur. I must be being stupid. I have win10 and can't seem to rename the file and then extract it. I have renamed just by changing the filename, but neither the built in extractor in file explorer nor win zip extract anything. please advise
Did You enable the visualization of the extensions files in the explorer? If not You can't change the extensions. (I just tried with a casually donwloaded dictionary in windows 10 and it worked).
To hide the extensions is a thing of windows that I don't like at all, but we can change this behavior.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 06:17 PM   #350
Terrymonkey

Thanks guys. In the end I changed explorer settings as ps67 adviced, and it worked.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:11 PM   #351
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
As my old Computer (win 10, 32 bit) got bricked, I had to buy a new one (win 10, 64 bit) and install Calibre (v. 3.44) and the Plugin (v. 0.0.8) again. Now, when I want to get a book hyphenated, the Plugin doesn't work, in spite of the Task window showing "done". It takes incredibly short a time that the Job window Shows that it's working, so there must indeed something be irregular. The book doesn't Show that it's hyphenated, too. The Settings are as shown in the screenshot.
However, Calibre's book Viewer Shows some Hyphens, but I don't know if this is built-in.
Is there something I can do?

Edit: Problem seems to be solved: the values of the Plugin Settings were not identical with those in the custom column Settings. But, anyway, with my old Computer it took several seconds until the books were hyphenated; now it takes only a small part of a second. Is my new Computer so much better?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-06-25.png
Views:	396
Size:	997.9 KB
ID:	172107  

Last edited by Leonatus; 06-26-2019 at 08:00 AM.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 04:50 PM   #352
Kamikuza
Connoisseur
Kamikuza began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
I'm a bit late to the party here ... but does this plugin hyphenate invented words that won't be in the dictionary, like science fiction jargon?
Kamikuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 04:55 PM   #353
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikuza View Post
I'm a bit late to the party here ... but does this plugin hyphenate invented words that won't be in the dictionary, like science fiction jargon?
That may depend on the word and th dictionary used. But the best way to find out is to run the plugin and check if these words get hyphenated.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 06:58 PM   #354
Kamikuza
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
That may depend on the word and th dictionary used. But the best way to find out is to run the plugin and check if these words get hyphenated.
Thanks. Seems like some do fine, some others don't appear to, like Femtowave or Bremsstrhalung... Unless there's a way to check in Calibre? What's the "column #hyph" for?

Overall, it's great.
Old 01-30-2020, 07:45 PM   #355
Kamikuza
Connoisseur

OK I figured the column thing out...
Old 04-25-2020, 03:03 PM   #356
memeplex
memeplex began at the beginning.

Device: none
Python 3?

Hi guys, do you know if there is a python 3 port of "Hyphenate This!"? Many linux distros has now moved to python3 (Fedora, Arch, Ubuntu) and the latest version of the plugin that I know of is broken.
memeplex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 03:52 PM   #357
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by memeplex View Post
Hi guys, do you know if there is a python 3 port of "Hyphenate This!"?
If one becomes available it should be posted in this thread.

A list of plugins that are not yet Python 3 compatible can be found in List of PIs to be ported to Python 3.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 05:11 PM   #358
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem as I see it, the switch to Python 3 is going to bring a lot of hassle as it seem there are a lot of abandoned plugins that are still highly used. So unless someone else takes the job of the Python 3 conversion, a lot of plugins will no longer work.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 11:30 PM   #359
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by memeplex View Post
Hi guys, do you know if there is a python 3 port of "Hyphenate This!"? Many linux distros has now moved to python3 (Fedora, Arch, Ubuntu) and the latest version of the plugin that I know of is broken.
This functionality is anyway builtin to calibre, via the Polish Book tool.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 12:38 AM   #360
memeplex
memeplex began at the beginning.

Device: none
@kovidgoyal that's great! Didn't know about that tool, thanks! How does it deal with rules for different languages?
memeplex is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon account, formatting, hypenation, hyphenate this, hyphenation, spaces