Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-21-2019, 01:35 AM   #1
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Talking LikeBook Mars, Moon+ can mix Glowlights!

I use Moon+ Pro on all my devices to read with as I use a very specific way of re-flowing the text so it's easier on my glaucoma eyes. I imported all my settings from the T80S to the T80D and discovered a bug but also now a great feature. I have the slider on the left side of the screen for brightness adjustment turned on and it allows you to change the android display brightness. The device reports the normal cool light as the display light to the app and sepia tone leds are off a separate circuit for the device. I keep the stock ui set in sepia mode (sun) and when in moon+ the slider can be off (no light but since its not connected the ui sepia settings stay) or light on at a set level. This allows you to set the cool light with the sepia and mix them for your preferred temperature. if you go to to high on the level then it will be mostly cool and very bright as it brings the cool light to 100% while leaving the sepia at whatever level you have it at in the ui. So what I do is make my temperature then open the ui brightness menu while still in moon+ and lower or raise the brightness of the sepia in the ui to make it at the level of brightness I want while keeping the same temperature in moon+. I took some pics to better explain what it does but it is basically like a getho kobo forma.

This makes me think that if Kobo wanted to they could make a ui change and make it support mixing the colors in it as well in a future firmware update if they continue to update the devices as well with the Mimas.

Malcolm

EDIT: Sorry for my horrible writing skills.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_213325.jpg
Views:	705
Size:	456.8 KB
ID:	169189   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_213426.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	586.4 KB
ID:	169190   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_213849.jpg
Views:	595
Size:	687.1 KB
ID:	169191   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_214036.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	654.2 KB
ID:	169192   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_214330.jpg
Views:	564
Size:	423.2 KB
ID:	169193   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_214653.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	718.8 KB
ID:	169194   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_214805.jpg
Views:	503
Size:	867.9 KB
ID:	169195   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190120_214905.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	822.8 KB
ID:	169196  
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 11:08 AM   #2
verserquer
verserquer began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars T80D
Wow! It works for me too! I've always thought warm light was too warm, lol. It works in MoonReader Pro too.

Thanks rvcjew!
verserquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:58 PM   #3
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use moon + pro to, but any app that can have its own brightness control I think will work. I found in the amount of file system we have access to without root that backlight and backlight 1 have their own parameters so that explains the app thinking one exists as it is only looking for backlight.
Old 01-24-2019, 11:22 AM   #4
jilgo
jilgo began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox Note and likebook mars
Something similar happens if you use the kindle application.
First of all, you put the reader with warm light, then open the kindle application and from the settings of it, you can give more or less amount of light. By doing this, both tones of light will be mixed.
jilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:27 AM   #5
rvcjew
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jilgo View Post
Something similar happens if you use the kindle application.
First of all, you put the reader with warm light, then open the kindle application and from the settings of it, you can give more or less amount of light. By doing this, both tones of light will be mixed.
Yeah basically the warm light is a separate backlight that non custom apps won't even know about so all in app brightness adjustment controls just backlight and not backlight 1. So if it works this seemless doesn't make sense why they didn't add the os to do it native then market it as a feature.

Malcolm
Old 01-26-2019, 07:18 AM   #6
rvcjew
Addict

DO NOT UPDATE TO 1.0.6 it breaks this trick!
Malcolm

EDIT: I can still trick it by making the 3rd party app setting be full brightness then swapping to cool light in os, in the 3rd party app brightness slider of app controls sepia light wtf but it actually works better I think as now you set your temp by lowering brightness of OS slider (weird I know) and then brightness can be the app it self which is better then the old way where temp was the app and brightness required to use the drop down menu. I don't know if this will work for other apps but it works for moon+ and the os update now has a contrast slider which is nice.

Last edited by rvcjew; 01-26-2019 at 07:39 AM.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:06 PM   #7
verserquer
verserquer began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars T80D
Thanks for the update, rvcjew. It's a good update anyway!
verserquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:12 AM   #8
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
I use Moon+ Pro on all my devices to read with as I use a very specific way of re-flowing the text so it's easier on my glaucoma eyes. I imported all my settings from the T80S to the T80D and discovered a bug but also now a great feature. I have the slider on the left side of the screen for brightness adjustment turned on and it allows you to change the android display brightness. The device reports the normal cool light as the display light to the app and sepia tone leds are off a separate circuit for the device. I keep the stock ui set in sepia mode (sun) and when in moon+ the slider can be off (no light but since its not connected the ui sepia settings stay) or light on at a set level. This allows you to set the cool light with the sepia and mix them for your preferred temperature. if you go to to high on the level then it will be mostly cool and very bright as it brings the cool light to 100% while leaving the sepia at whatever level you have it at in the ui. So what I do is make my temperature then open the ui brightness menu while still in moon+ and lower or raise the brightness of the sepia in the ui to make it at the level of brightness I want while keeping the same temperature in moon+. I took some pics to better explain what it does but it is basically like a getho kobo forma.

This makes me think that if Kobo wanted to they could make a ui change and make it support mixing the colors in it as well in a future firmware update if they continue to update the devices as well with the Mimas.

Malcolm

EDIT: Sorry for my horrible writing skills.
I have Pocketbook reader installed and it does the exact same thing. Even after the latest update. Works great.

Only issue I have with PB reader at this time is I can't figure out the dictionary. PB has fixed most of Boyue's limitations

Last edited by Guns4Hire; 03-20-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Guns4Hire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:32 AM   #9
rvcjew
Addict

Ah glad to hear this as I rather be on super outdated software instead of loosing this feature as the mixed lights is great for night reading with my glaucoma and pretty much the only reason I went for the Mars over my in storage t80s.
Malcolm
Old 03-23-2019, 05:04 PM   #10
MustardOrMayo
Connoisseur
MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mimas (main) + (many others)
I was able to pull this off with the Kindle app on my Mimas when I uncheck "Use system brightness", except that the brightness slider within the app controls the warm light, while the control within the notification pop-out ends up not being able to control the warm light, but can control the cool light, so basically, inverse of what you mentioned.

Here are a few photos to show this, with the third showing mostly cool light with some warm light, however, I had to exaggerate the mixed frontlight shot a little bit due to my phone's camera trying to compensate for the white balance, and taking photos with manual white balance ended up not coming out well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190324_044148_warm.jpg
Views:	332
Size:	998.6 KB
ID:	170360   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190324_044159_cool.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	941.8 KB
ID:	170361   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190324_044231_mix.jpg
Views:	360
Size:	659.7 KB
ID:	170362  
MustardOrMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:17 PM   #11
rvcjew
Addict

Yeah it was the opposite before the v6 update for my mars and now that I have the v7 one it is still the same as v6 so you set your temp with the status bar one by adding how much White I want as a base then my app cranks up the Orange with its own slider. I actually prefer it this way, but still since this obviously works Boyue just needs to make a together slider in the rom.
Malcolm
Old 03-30-2019, 05:55 AM   #12
MustardOrMayo
Connoisseur
MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MustardOrMayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mimas (main) + (many others)
Interesting. As far as I know, 1.0.6 on the Mars is equivalent to 1.0.1 on the Mimas and Muses, and it also backported some features from the latter to the former.

1.0.7 on the Mars, however, should be equivalent to 1.0.2 on the Mimas/Muses. If you want, I could post a screenshot I took of the update prompt for that.
MustardOrMayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2020, 09:04 AM   #13
KStock
KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.KStock figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kobo Mini and Forma, Kindle Paperwhite, Yiben P47L
It's in the latest firmware

For anyone who's still looking, the January 2020 Likebook Mars firmware includes a new backlight control that allows you to configure the white and sepia lights separately.
KStock is offline   Reply With Quote