Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #61
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Checking it on search.overdrive.com yielded no results, and on your link it offers a preview in Google Books -- which only offers you options to buy it in print. I have a feeling the answer is no....
Sorry
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:58 AM   #62
crashnburn
Groupie
crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashnburn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad1 iOS 5.1.1b, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Checking it on search.overdrive.com yielded no results, and on your link it offers a preview in Google Books -- which only offers you options to buy it in print. I have a feeling the answer is no....
Sorry
Does that search through all possible e-Libraries?
crashnburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #63
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, it checks the overdrive records for any books Overdrive has to offer. Individual libraries all refer to the same main catalog for their books, for buying them and offering them to us. For instance, the OverDrive ID this plugin reads from search.overdrive.com is the same one that identifies each book across all libraries, which is why this plugin works.

If you search for a book there it will also tell you under the individual book results which library systems own it.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #64
LilyEvie
Connoisseur
LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have used your plugin in the past and found that it is great. However now I am getting:

calibre, version 0.8.69
Overdrive Link: Search complete: <p>Overdrive Link found: <p>304 errors in searching (click "View log" for details). 1 unchanged book/library link. Click "Show details" to see which.<p>No changes will be made.

------------ ERRORS SEARCHING OVERDRIVE ------------
Checking freelibrary.lib.overdrive.com for eb8aaac8-c38f-4fcb-addc-e378a9c6a456: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking buckslib.lib.overdrive.com for eb8aaac8-c38f-4fcb-addc-e378a9c6a456: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking maryland.lib.overdrive.com for eb8aaac8-c38f-4fcb-addc-e378a9c6a456: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking sjrlc.lib.overdrive.com for eb8aaac8-c38f-4fcb-addc-e378a9c6a456: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking freelibrary.lib.overdrive.com for 61eec7f2-0a28-401d-82d2-023059cb24bb: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking buckslib.lib.overdrive.com for 61eec7f2-0a28-401d-82d2-023059cb24bb: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking maryland.lib.overdrive.com for 61eec7f2-0a28-401d-82d2-023059cb24bb: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking sjrlc.lib.overdrive.com for 61eec7f2-0a28-401d-82d2-023059cb24bb: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking freelibrary.lib.overdrive.com for ab85fe4b-0216-4c62-b77b-da20ec723349: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking buckslib.lib.overdrive.com for ab85fe4b-0216-4c62-b77b-da20ec723349: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking maryland.lib.overdrive.com for ab85fe4b-0216-4c62-b77b-da20ec723349: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking sjrlc.lib.overdrive.com for ab85fe4b-0216-4c62-b77b-da20ec723349: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking freelibrary.lib.overdrive.com for 9a92f23e-ea3e-4aad-abdd-bf0a7550c5e6: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking buckslib.lib.overdrive.com for 9a92f23e-ea3e-4aad-abdd-bf0a7550c5e6: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking maryland.lib.overdrive.com for 9a92f23e-ea3e-4aad-abdd-bf0a7550c5e6: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking sjrlc.lib.overdrive.com for 9a92f23e-ea3e-4aad-abdd-bf0a7550c5e6: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking freelibrary.lib.overdrive.com for 841afd71-aa00-43ab-b430-f2ca446514e2: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking buckslib.lib.overdrive.com for 841afd71-aa00-43ab-b430-f2ca446514e2: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking maryland.lib.overdrive.com for 841afd71-aa00-43ab-b430-f2ca446514e2: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking sjrlc.lib.overdrive.com for 841afd71-aa00-43ab-b430-f2ca446514e2: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking freelibrary.lib.overdrive.com for 935dbeda-4b6f-4d4b-97bf-a1376c36d895: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking buckslib.lib.overdrive.com for 935dbeda-4b6f-4d4b-97bf-a1376c36d895: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies
Checking maryland.lib.overdrive.com for 935dbeda-4b6f-4d4b-97bf-a1376c36d895: Overdrive response error (Unexpected number of copies: Library copies

-------------------- UNCHANGED ---------------------
Unknown by Hamilton, Laurell K (Not at any library)

As I was getting this error in the newest version, I downloaded an older version of Calibre - version 0.8.69. I am getting the same error. Due to limit of 30 images, I could not post all the errors, but basically they are the same.

That author is not the only one I am having trouble with.

I am not sure why i am getting this error. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
LilyEvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #65
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyEvie View Post
I have used your plugin in the past and found that it is great. However now I am getting: ... I am not sure why i am getting this error. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
The error is due to a slight change in the page layout used by Overdrive library websites. I have updated the plugin to parse the pages properly. I have also added a few new configuration options.

The update should appear in calibre within a day or so. If you want it sooner you can download and install it from the first post in this thread.

Let me know if you have any further problems.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2013, 12:31 AM   #66
LilyEvie
Connoisseur
LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LilyEvie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thank you very much for both your quick response and update. Seems to be working again. It is a great plugin.
LilyEvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:44 PM   #67
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
@jhowell
Outstanding PI!
Can the Overdrive PI have an option to check for new titles added to a particular library based on date criteria? Or would that require a separate PI altogether? Being able to check for added titles would allow finding books/authors one might not be aware or following.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #68
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Can the Overdrive PI have an option to check for new titles added to a particular library based on date criteria? Or would that require a separate PI altogether? Being able to check for added titles would allow finding books/authors one might not be aware or following.
Finding all newly available books by all authors at a particular library is already covered by the "Added to site" date field in conjunction with the "Sort by: Added to site" in the existing advanced search on individual Overdrive library websites. I don’t find this very useful for the discovery of new authors since most of those books are of no interest to me.

I find out about authors I might be interested in reading by using other sites, such as Goodreads. I add an entry with an "unknown" title into calibre for those authors and use the plugin’s "Search Overdrive for books by selected authors" option to find out which books by those authors are available.

It doesn’t work by date, but it does report only newly added books since the last time that option was used. So repeating the search occasionally will turn up any newly added books by authors already in your calibre library.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #69
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 3 & Nook Simple Touch with Glow light
To Jhowell:

Wow, Just discovered this plug in! Fantastic! I've been doing this manually and spending hours checking my four libraries. Love it!!!

One possible addition thought that would be great to include in your plug in:
I have discovered that most libraries will accept suggestions for additional ebooks.
The Key is that they must be already be listed on search.overdrive.com AND also be listed as Available at a Library". It doesn't seem to matter which library, just available. Then I can recommend my library(s) to obtain.

So, I would be great if I could add search.overdrive.com as a library in your plug in and know if it is available AND at some Library. (and for me, just EPUB)

Make sense?

Last edited by Tom SKP; 09-23-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Tom SKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #70
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SKP View Post
One possible addition thought that would be great to include in your plug in: I have discovered that most libraries will accept suggestions for additional ebooks. …
Thanks for the suggestion. I will think about the best way to have the plugin to detect books that can be recommended for library purchase and make it easier to issue recommendation requests for desired books. I don’t think it will be too hard to implement.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #71
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

I have updated the plugin to support books that can be recommended for acquisition by Overdrive libraries.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #72
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I have updated the plugin to support books that can be recommended for acquisition by Overdrive libraries.
Thanks so much!

I just installed it and am trying out the new usage.

I'm looking at the Job Details, and its full of html tags...

Although it still works fine, and I really like the ability to use recommendable books.

EDIT: It only does this during the search. Afterwards it displays formatted.

Last edited by eschwartz; 10-25-2013 at 03:27 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #73
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
I'm looking at the Job Details, and its full of html tags...
I am looking in to the cause of that. It is a cosmetic problem that doesn’t affect the function of the plugin. There seems to be a difference in the way calibre handles html logging between the different types of background jobs.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:48 PM   #74
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Twice now the updated plugin has crashed on me.

Attempting to "Update Existing Books":
calibre, version 1.8.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>NameError</b>:global name 'add_olinks' is not defined

calibre 1.8 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Linux-3.2.0-34-generic-i686-with-debian-wheezy-sid Linux ('32bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '3.2.0-34-generic', '#53-Ubuntu SMP Thu Nov 15 10:49:02 UTC 2012')
Python 2.7.5
Linux: ('debian', 'wheezy/sid', '')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.action", line 686, in handle_discovered_books
NameError: global name 'add_olinks' is not defined

Although as it turns out, the links were still added into my books...

Earlier, I was running a search on every book in my library, (in chunks, though,) that would be 550 books with 190 authors, and it mostly did all right. But one set of books kept failing with this:

</span>Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 58, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 189, in main
File "site-packages/calibre/utils/ipc/worker.py", line 136, in arbitrary_n
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.jobs", line 150, in overdrive_search_process
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.jobs", line 197, in overdrive_search_job
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.jobs", line 365, in overdrive_search_by_author
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.data", line 149, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.data", line 79, in __init__
ValueError: Olink crid must be a UUID: "660E163E-7032-4883-8A10-460D977DEE2A"

calibre, version 1.7.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>NameError</b>:global name 'add_olinks' is not defined

calibre 1.7 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Linux-3.2.0-55-generic-pae-i686-athlon-with-debian-wheezy-sid Linux ('32bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '3.2.0-55-generic-pae', '#85-Ubuntu SMP Wed Oct 2 14:03:15 UTC 2013')
Python 2.7.5
Linux: ('debian', 'wheezy/sid', '')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.overdrive_link.action", line 686, in handle_discovered_books
NameError: global name 'add_olinks' is not defined
Old 10-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #75
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

I have released another update to the plugin that should address the problems reported above.

Tags
id=model, overdrive