Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-21-2018, 10:28 AM   #16
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmitty View Post
There is a JB for the Oasis 2? I did not think there was one.
There was for the original firmware. See this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=292337
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:54 AM   #17
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Voyage and PW2 updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyjam View Post
Yesterday, my Kindle Voyage has re-installed the software update 5.9.5.1 despite the fact I had already installed it, and despite the fact it was ON PLANE MODE! (but it was not 5 minutes before).
Voyage and PW2 updated as soon as connected to wifi.

Old 5.9.5.1 was 3301940011
New 3307370012
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:46 PM   #18
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
One thing I noticed today for the first time (after the 2nd version of 5.9.5.2) is messed up hyphenation. The book I am reading right now hyphenated "photog- rapher" on one page and on the next it does "photo- grapher." Not sure if that is a problem with KFX in general or the specific book in particular.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 02:17 PM   #19
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Not sure if that is a problem with KFX in general or the specific book in particular.
The KFX renderer produces "creative" hyphenation sometimes. It is not a new problem with the latest Kindle firmware.

I was able to duplicate this problem by producing a document with the word "photographer" over and over and viewing it with Amazon's Kindle Previewer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photographer.gif
Views:	189
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	164085  
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 09:26 PM   #20
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The KFX renderer produces "creative" hyphenation sometimes. It is not a new problem with the latest Kindle firmware.

I was able to duplicate this problem by producing a document with the word "photographer" over and over and viewing it with Amazon's Kindle Previewer.
I see. Guess it is just memorable to me because it happened so close together. And usually most my books that are purchased won't be in KFX, but DRM free sideloaded KF8. Only ones that stay KFX are borrows.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote