https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...nd_3.x_Kindles
works
anmend43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:08 PM   #47
s0litaire
s0litaire began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Well my symlink idea sounded good! lol

Has anyone got (applied for) the KDK yet?
Might be something in it that may help with the framework problem...
s0litaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:15 PM   #48
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0litaire View Post
Well my symlink idea sounded good! lol

Has anyone got (applied for) the KDK yet?
Might be something in it that may help with the framework problem...
KDK is useless. http://kdk-javadocs.s3.amazonaws.com...w-summary.html

EDIT: Well, not useless, but it is in regards to screen savers and fonts and any customization you wish to have with Framework.

Last edited by clarknova; 09-22-2010 at 10:22 PM.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:53 PM   #49
Blog Kindle
Addict
Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.Blog Kindle knows what's going on.

Device: Kindle 1/2/3/4/Touch/DX/Fire|PRS-600/350|Nook(color)|iPad|iPad2|EVO 4G
This features has been asked for so much (and Nook has had it for a while now) that I wouldn't be surprised that Amazon will finally put it into their next software update.
Blog Kindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:23 PM   #50
dcstoked
dcstoked began at the beginning.

Device: K 3g
So, Is there a last page screensaver, or a current cover screen saver for the Kindle 3g + wifi? I have one, and I want to kill the birds, and the dead authors. I know I can use some of the screensaver hacks after I jailbreak my kindle, but has anyone created the above hacks?

last page or current book cover screensavers?
dcstoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:31 PM   #51
dcstoked
dcstoked began at the beginning.

Device: K 3g
I profess not to understand the 'screensaver' concept on the kindle but I would like to point out this thought about saving screens. I thought e-paper used no power once lit. So if my kindle goes into this mode it uses energy to change the page from the last page, thus using power to save power. Then it does it again when it puts my page back up. I understand that most humans don't care about technology, but it would seem to showcase the technology if it left the last page exactly where it was, went to sleep, and when it woke up, nothing happened. What is going to sleep? You can disable the wi-fi, so what exactly is my kindle 'doing' when a page is up, and no power is being used?

Am I missing the point? Do you think Amazon wants control of these screensavers? Why? Besides the ad for kindle feedback, the images are not offensive and not seemingly branded, unless you are related to one of them. So, why not have the ability to set your kindle to do less when it goes to sleep?
dcstoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #52
Geekdad72
Geekdad72 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi
Custom 800x600 screensaver not fullscreen

I just got a Kindle 3 (WiFi only) for christmas and I LOVE it. I installed the kindle jailbreak hack, then the screensaver hack and added my own screensavers. they show up, and I know so I know that I installed it right. I cropped the pictures to 600x800 to match the screen resolution, but when they display, there is about a one inch border around the picture itself, so it doesn't fill the screen like the original ones did.

Any help?

Thanks so much for all of the help and expertize on here!!
Geekdad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 07:56 PM   #53
Tluong
Tluong began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook & Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by llcooljayce View Post
Hey guys, I'm completely new to the Kindle scene and was wondering if there is a way to change the K3's screensaver. I see there was a way to do it on the K2 but does that method work on the K3?
I happen read about How to add custom screensavers to Kindle 2, Kindle 3 and DX at:
http://booksprung.com/hack-lets-you-...rs-to-kindle-2
but I don't know how good about these instructions.

Do you have any ideas about it?
Tluong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:57 PM   #54
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Check out the Developer's subforum on this board. There is a new jailbreak for the 3.1 firmware and the original screensaver hack works fine. I installed both today.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote